Sugar Bottle Video

Sugar Work By kayla1505 Updated 24 Feb 2011 , 1:40am by maitej17

cotabeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cotabeth Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 5:20pm
post #61 of 76

I am hoping to bump this message up so i can view your tutorial at home (I'm at work and can't access the video here). Thanks in advance for sharing, I'm dying to see how this technique is done! Beth

NoahLili Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NoahLili Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 5:41pm
post #62 of 76

thanks for a wonderful tutorial!!

leta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leta Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 7:06am
post #63 of 76

Thanks! My husband actually made 2 of the bottles and the ice for this grooms cake for his friend. I wish he had just watched your tutorial instead of me telling him what I knew from watching it! Everyone was BLOWN AWAY by the cake. Couldn't have done it if you hadn't shared your expertise!
LL

txcarebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txcarebear Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 8:00pm
post #64 of 76

Wow, thanks for that I am a visual learner as well, I think I want to try this for my brother's next b-day. icon_biggrin.gif

kayla1505 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayla1505 Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 8:12am
post #65 of 76

you welcome icon_smile.gif

leta your cake came out awesome

pkinkema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pkinkema Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 4:35pm
post #66 of 76

How are you all doing those awesome labels????? These are so realistic? Downloading the design somewhere??

Thanks for all the great advice. Can't wait to try (again).

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 4:49pm
post #67 of 76

Wow! Thank you for sharing this! icon_biggrin.gif

Saramarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Saramarie Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 12:01am
post #68 of 76

You are the BEST...Thank you so much for taking the time to make this and post it : )

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 3:55am
post #69 of 76

I'm getting ready to make my first mold do I need to do anything to my bottles besides wash them before I start applying the mold builder I know I need to put a cork in the bottle but what about the glass itself? icon_confused.gif

Molly

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 4:21am
post #70 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2

I'm getting ready to make my first mold do I need to do anything to my bottles besides wash them before I start applying the mold builder I know I need to put a cork in the bottle but what about the glass itself? icon_confused.gif

Molly

You don't need to do anything else to the bottle, after you put the cork you can start doing your layers of mold builder.
I just made a mold and I was so afraid that it was too thin that I put 21 layers icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif my mold came out pretty sturdy and strong...I will use it soon.

sugarMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarMomma Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 4:22am
post #71 of 76

I wondered if I did it right, now I know I was on the right track. I should have spinned it more while setting it seems.

kickasscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kickasscakes Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 4:31am
post #72 of 76

Great tutorial! Thanks so much for sharing! icon_smile.gif

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 4:34am
post #73 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2

Molly

You don't need to do anything else to the bottle, after you put the cork you can start doing your layers of mold builder.
I just made a mold and I was so afraid that it was too thin that I put 21 layers icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif my mold came out pretty sturdy and strong...I will use it soon.

Did you just make one mold? and if so did you just get one mold from one jar of mold builder

Molly

Da-Liz-ious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Da-Liz-ious Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 12:57am
post #74 of 76

thank you so much for posting the video, that is a great help..you are a pro!!!!!and talented...

AnnaJo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnaJo Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 2:49pm
post #75 of 76

I will be trying this today. But I had a question on how to make the labels. How and where should I go to get labels for it?

maitej17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maitej17 Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 1:40am
post #76 of 76

Hey kayla,

Thanks a MILLION time for you wonderful tutorials. You're so awesome for sharing your secrets w/us.
Questions about the liquid latex, I wanted to make my own mold as u did but I was worried about the liquid latex. I know some people have latex allergies and though these people may not sit there and chomp on the bottles that are made w/it, do you think it would affect people who are eating the cake?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%