Tom And Jerry Bowling Cake? How To Put Together?

Decorating By fruitsnack Updated 20 Jul 2009 , 10:02am by fruitsnack

fruitsnack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fruitsnack Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 3:41am
post #1 of 4

I am in the planning stages for my son's five year birthday - he turns five in October, but he's already decided he wants a Tom and Jerry cake. We will probably be having his party at the local bowling alley, because he loves bowling, so I would like to incorporate bowling as well. Problem? I can't figure out how to put them together to actually make sense.

So . . . if you had to make a Tom and Jerry bowling cake, how would you do it?

3 replies
Sox-n-Pats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sox-n-Pats Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 11:15pm
post #2 of 4

have the cake the bowling lane. Make bowling pins and tie Jerry to the first pin and then have Tom in the bowling position like he just bowled a ball- then have a bowling ball headed down the lane to Jerry and the pins.

Or have the same set up, but with Jerry stuck to the front of the ball headed toward the pins.

I think there was a cartoon with them in a bowling alley once. icon_smile.gif

motherof2boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherof2boys Posted 19 Jul 2009 , 11:52pm
post #3 of 4

I have no ideas for you but my son is turning 6 in Feb. and he has already said that he wants a Tom and Jerry cake and he wants to have it at the bowling ally. So please share your photo when you get it done so I can check it ou!!
[email protected]

fruitsnack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fruitsnack Posted 20 Jul 2009 , 10:02am
post #4 of 4

I think I've figured out what I will do. Modeling the figures would be too advanced for me personally, so I'm going to make the cake like a sheet cake and make it look like the bowling lane. I'm going to make a rice krispie treat bowling ball covered in marbled fondant. I'm planning on making a chocolate transfer of a Tom and Jerry bowling picture (you can find on google) and attach it to gumpaste and stick that in the end of the cake as the backdrop for the pins. I'll probably make some pins out of either gumpaste or white chocolate. Sounds like a lot, but I think it will be cute.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%