Madagascar Penguins, Pool Party, Ugh

Decorating By Christen99 Updated 13 Jul 2009 , 8:13pm by superwawa

Christen99 Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 5:43pm
post #1 of 8

My friend asked me to make a cake for a pool party for her two boys. She was thinking Penguin's of Madagascar with a pool theme, but no other details. Her boys wanted Batman and Power Rangers, but I think she's vetoing that.

I was thinking of making the penguins out of gumpaste, but I keep coming up with surfboards...not pool stuff. Any ideas?

7 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 5:53pm
post #2 of 8

A penguin on a beach towel on a lounge chair, another one on a diving board, one in an inflatable ring, another one in a bikini with the wings covering the body like it's embarassed...

mtaccts Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 6:00pm
post #3 of 8

Maybe ask if 'ocean' water will do instead of the 'pool' water. If she's stuck on 'pool' idea maybe some penguins on little inner tubes and rafts floating around in the pool like the OP suggested

fruitsnack Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 9:11pm
post #4 of 8

My son loves this show! I would make it like the exhibit at the zoo in the show - they have a concrete exhibit with water going all the way around it. I would have the penguins (there are four and they are all male) either in the water with floaties or in an inner tube or in a lounge chair with a drink. There are also other main characters in the show - three lemurs and an otter - but I don't know if she is interested in having them in the cake as well.

Good luck. I hope you post a picture - I may end up having to do a Penguins of Madagascar cake as well for my son.

nickymom Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 9:11pm
post #5 of 8

I think the mom should let the kids decide..it's their party not hers....LOL...LOL Sorry just had to say that even though that's not YOUR problem. LOL

I like TexasRose idea. icon_smile.gif

notjustcakes Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 6:36pm
post #6 of 8

I agree with fruitsnack. If you go on Disney channels website you can probably find pictures of the penguin exhibit they use on the show...If you tint piping gel blue, it looks just like water...

Auryn Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 6:44pm
post #7 of 8

the penguins arent disney
they are on nickleodeon as they belong to dreamworks i believe

superwawa Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 8:13pm
post #8 of 8

Oh how I wish I had a reason to do a Penguins of Madagascar cake! They are on of my favorites! (I have a stuffed beanie of one on my desk at work).

I like the ideas of inner tubes someone posted. I think it would be fun to have them doing different things and split them up - one in the pool, swimming/ on inner tube, etc., one sunbathing in a chair with the reflector thing like the end of the 1st movie, one of them just doing king-fu moves on the diving board or somewhere? And something else?

Good luck and I cannot wait to see photos! I want to make myself a fun birthday cake later this month - you may have just inspired a theme for me icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%