Help!!chocolate Filling That Doesn't Require Refridgeration.

Decorating By Crazy-4-Cakes Updated 10 Jul 2009 , 8:15pm by dandelion56602

Crazy-4-Cakes Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 3:05pm
post #1 of 10

Help Quick!!!
I am working on a cake today that they requested a chocolate mousse filling (I know, should have noticed this sooner!) but it is a topsy-turvey cake covered in fondant. I won't be able to refirdgerate it after I start putting it together and it is for delivery Saturday. What chocolate filling will hold up to this? Will whipped ganache? What about a choclate pudding with a little whipped cream?

9 replies
dandelion56602 Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 3:16pm
post #2 of 10

Whipped ganache should be ok. Or if you can get bettercreme & you can add chocolate pudding or chocolate syrup to it. I've read that using evaporated milk will last longer w/ pudding mix than milk--not sure on that though. If you can get bettercreme your in business! (I found mine at a local cash 'n carry or check a restaurant supply) Also Frostin Pride or there's one more I can't think of that is the same

matthewkyrankelly Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 3:16pm
post #3 of 10

If you have a chocolate bettercreme, that would get you through. Go for ganache before pudding. The ganache will be more stable for 24 hours.

KHalstead Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 3:18pm
post #4 of 10

get some rich's bettercreme, it's a non-dairy whipped icing that you buy in liquid form and add chocolate pudding mix to it and whip it up.....it's fine at room temp. for up to 5 days and it tastes DIVINE!!! You could also use chocolate syrup added if you want to make an even stronger chocolate flavor!

dinie Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 3:18pm
post #5 of 10

If your house is cool I would not think that chocolate ganache would need refriged. I made a cake for the forth and just kept it in a cool room with door shut and then it traveled about 150 miles and it did okay everyone said it was great.

Crazy-4-Cakes Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 3:33pm
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

get some rich's bettercreme, it's a non-dairy whipped icing that you buy in liquid form and add chocolate pudding mix to it and whip it up.....it's fine at room temp. for up to 5 days and it tastes DIVINE!!! You could also use chocolate syrup added if you want to make an even stronger chocolate flavor!

Thanks for the advice. I will see if my store sells it or something like it. If not, I guess I can use the ganache.

You wouldn't believe the trouble I've had with this cake. Last night, with 5 of the 9 pans in the oven, my bottom heating element quick working. I had to dump all the cakes and start over baking from my camper's oven. I had to do one pan at a time since the oven is so small!!!

TexasSugar Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 3:38pm
post #7 of 10

You can also use the hot fudge chocolate ice cream toppings. It wouldn't be a 'mousse' filling but is very yummy. You could try beating it with the mixer to make it more light and fluffy. icon_smile.gif

AngelFood4 Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 7:42pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

Dandelion, when can you add the chocolate? Before beeting the bettercreme or after? Can I just make it with only chocolate syrup and leave out the pudding?

KHalstead Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 7:44pm
post #9 of 10

you can make it with just the syrup.........but the pudding makes it thick like a mousse that's why I suggested it!

dandelion56602 Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 8:15pm
post #10 of 10

If you're adding it to the liquid add it before beating it. If you get the premade, you'll just have to fold in the syrup. But you'll want to stop before it gets stiff b/c it will stiffen as it sits too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%