Grroms Cake For A Carpenter

Decorating By nickymom Updated 11 Jul 2009 , 3:02pm by nickymom

nickymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickymom Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 1:18pm
post #1 of 8

My baby brother is getting married and they asked me to make his grooms cake. They want a carpenter's theme. He owns his own business.
Sooo I'm looking for unique ideas that would be good for a classey wedding. I'm looking for inspiration...LOL Anybody have any ideas?

7 replies
nickymom Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 1:37pm
post #2 of 8

Oh the name of his company is 'Done Right Remodeling'...so I was thinking of MAYBE incorporating that into the cake somehow......like maybe somewhere on the cake or on the cake board the slogan, "A Marriage 'Done Right'."........I don't know though. It needs to be classey so it's depends on the design of the cake if that can be incorporsted in or not.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 3:18pm
post #3 of 8

Wht not a 3D Toolbox with all the tools...That is neat!!There are a few on here and if you google it you will find some also...

nickymom Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 8:07pm
post #4 of 8

Thanx....I'm still thinking....I'm wanting something different than the usual...not the obvious.LOL I'm being complicated..LOL

Jennifer1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer1970 Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 12:18am
post #5 of 8

What about a large 3-d hammer? I don't understand the "classy wedding" info, aren't all weddings supposed to be "classy"?

nickymom Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 2:11pm
post #6 of 8

icon_smile.gif Thanks for ther ideas.....I'm sketching some stuff out as it comes to mind.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 2:41pm
post #7 of 8

cake that looks like an incomplete house.... part of wall still just sticks, roof missing, etc.

A house is just sticks and bricks
It's becomes a home with Love Done Right

attached is pdf of sketch of possible idea for cake.

(the fourth image in the series would be gumpaste or even wood to look like open framing on a house)

nickymom Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 3:02pm
post #8 of 8

BINGO Doug...that's the direction I'm thinking!! Since I've made myself sit down and start sketching ideas out, they are starting to flow.....I've got few idea now:
1)an idea like you suggested; and unfinished house etc.
2)a "wedding cake" that looks like HE's been building ...w/ him and her at the top. She's in her dress and he's in his tool belt etc.....

Thanks Doug!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%