Ruffle Border With Fondant

Decorating By manomi Updated 16 Jul 2009 , 5:59am by Rylan

manomi Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 8:31am
post #1 of 9

Hi, Can anyone please tell me how to make the ruffle border like at the bottom of the barbie doll cake dress? I have read that u use a tooth pick for that but it doesn't work for me..I can't even finda a video for that...Please help..

I am attaching a pic for an example.

8 replies
Tartacadabra Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 8:54am
post #2 of 9

Here is a PDF-file where you can read and see how it works!!

Good luck!

katielb Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 10:49am
post #3 of 9

Heres a couple of links depending on the kind of ruffle you want icon_smile.gif - with this one type in (without the dots - this site blocks the words) between the "www." and the "/catalog"


Caths_Cakes Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 11:02am
post #4 of 9

There is also a tutorial video on youtube, how to make a girs doll cake. She shows how to do the ruffle. its by a member called FilmedCoUk. Search it and youll find it icon_smile.gif x

Evoir Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 11:35am
post #5 of 9

I've done that kind of thing in a couple of my cakes here in my photos. I use a garrett frill cutter, and a frilling tool to get the flounce happening. I also use a 50/50 combination of GP and fondant.

HTH a bit icon_smile.gif

tiggy2 Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 4:30pm
post #6 of 9

I use a bulbus (sp) tool to frill. Very much like a ball tool only cone shaped.

manomi Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 11:47pm
post #7 of 9

Thanks a lot!

manomi Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 11:47pm
post #8 of 9

Thanks a lot!

Rylan Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 5:59am
post #9 of 9

You can also use the toothpick method to achive that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%