Need Help Quick Regarding Cake Topper. Have To Email Client

Decorating By Heavenlydelights107 Updated 10 Jul 2009 , 1:54pm by Heavenlydelights107

Heavenlydelights107 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heavenlydelights107 Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 1:58am
post #1 of 4

back tonight.

So, my client is from out of town. She sent me this beautiful piece she wants on top of her wedding cake. It is a ceramic man and woman wrapped in like angel wings. It truly is georgeous. It also came with a large screw coming out of the bottom, and a base to screw it to with their names and dates on it.

Well it is so heavy. I am afraid it will fall off the cake. There is nothing for me to attach more supports/dowels to.

What would you do? Any suggestions on how I can still use this for the client? I told her if maybe if she found something else lighter, I could place this between the wedding and grooms cake.

Help please!

PS Here is a pic of the thing she sent me.
LL
LL

3 replies
soygurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soygurl Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 4:36am
post #2 of 4

Why do you need something to "attach more supports/dowels"? I'm confused... icon_confused.gif

Just dowel the top tier like you would if you were stacking another cake on top. Then when you get to the reception location, place the topper on the cake. Simple. You can "glue" the topper in place with frosting if you're worried about it moving. And if you're concerned about the food safety of the topper, tape it to a cardboard circle (cut to fit) , and "glue" the cardboard to the cake with frosting. Or tape parchment or waxed paper to the bottom of the topper, and again, with the frosting "glue." thumbs_up.gif

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 6:48am
post #3 of 4

If she want to put that really bad, try putting a cardboard under the fondant or buttercream with dowels.

Heavenlydelights107 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heavenlydelights107 Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 1:54pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks. I was just worried because it is super heavy. The last wedding cake I did with a heavy ceramic topper fell over. I think I will dowel it and put a cardboard under the BC.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%