Just Watched Dvd For Using Gp In Cricut

Decorating By Bakingangel Updated 10 Jul 2009 , 2:02am by Loucinda

Bakingangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakingangel Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 1:27am
post #1 of 3

Okee! Dokee! I don't own a Cricut but bought the DVD hoping to be convinced that I couldn't live another day without one and it would be a good investment.

I just finished watching the instructional DVD from Deseret Designs! Very interesting! Looks really cool and the sky is the limit on what you & Cricut can do with gumpaste. The instruction is very good. Great uses for irregular sized items you might need to fit the height of each cake layer, graphics, fonts, scrolls, stars, dots, etc. Fantastic for kids cakes because of the various software for Cricut. Another great feature is that she has figured out a way to use airbrush colors in the machine so it draws detail and cuts too! thumbs_up.gif

I was interested in the scroll work for fancy cakes. Indeed one could decorate a designer looking cake. However, because gumpaste is brittle (and tasteless), wouldn't it be difficult to cut the cake? I would think the beautiful lace or scroll work would have to be removed first? Bummer!!!

I'm wondering if Jennifer Dontz' candy clay or fondant might work since it is a drier and manageable substance?"

Anyone else get their DVD yet? What are your thoughts and opinions?

Sorry didn't realize I hit new topic, but too tired to retype all this.

2 replies
majormichel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majormichel Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 1:39am
post #2 of 3

No I dont have the DVD, but I was thinking about using fondant by letting it stiffen for 5 mins or so and then but it in the cricut, that might work. Something to think about.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 2:02am
post #3 of 3

You do the lace and scrollwork on the icing sheets, not gumpaste I think. that way you can "cut" them without removing the pieces from the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%