Schools Or Classes In South Louisiana

Decorating By Ctc15777 Updated 10 Jul 2009 , 3:00pm by woodruffbn

Ctc15777 Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 12:25am
post #1 of 5

Does anyone know of any schools or classes for cake baking and decorating? I am interested in getting started in making wedding cakes and cakes for different occasions. Any tips or pointers on where to learn or start learning please help??

4 replies
VannaD Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 1:25am
post #2 of 5

If you are around baton Rouge Michaels, hobby lobby, and Party Time all offer wilton classes. They teach you how to use the different tips and even have fondant class. Its a good place for a beginner to start. Good Luck and nice to meet you Im in denham Springs, La!

woodruffbn Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 2:38pm
post #3 of 5

I know the michaels in Lafayette has wilton classes. Also, SugarShack does some classes occasionally I think. IDK where she goes, though. You could check her blog. She does have some DVDs you can order and I hear they are awesome. I'm in Rayne, LA. Where are you?

kara76 Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 2:48pm
post #4 of 5

Woodrufbn my most favorite place to eat is Chef Roy's in Rayne!!! I have family in Church Point so when we go to visit we have to stop! others suggested look up your local Hobby Lobby or Michael's

woodruffbn Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 3:00pm
post #5 of 5

We just moved here, so I haven't discovered all the good places to eat yet. But I will have to check that out!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%