Schools Or Classes In South Louisiana

Decorating By Ctc15777 Updated 10 Jul 2009 , 3:00pm by woodruffbn

Ctc15777 Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 12:25am
post #1 of 5

Does anyone know of any schools or classes for cake baking and decorating? I am interested in getting started in making wedding cakes and cakes for different occasions. Any tips or pointers on where to learn or start learning please help??

4 replies
VannaD Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 1:25am
post #2 of 5

If you are around baton Rouge Michaels, hobby lobby, and Party Time all offer wilton classes. They teach you how to use the different tips and even have fondant class. Its a good place for a beginner to start. Good Luck and nice to meet you Im in denham Springs, La!

woodruffbn Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 2:38pm
post #3 of 5

I know the michaels in Lafayette has wilton classes. Also, SugarShack does some classes occasionally I think. IDK where she goes, though. You could check her blog. She does have some DVDs you can order and I hear they are awesome. I'm in Rayne, LA. Where are you?

kara76 Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 2:48pm
post #4 of 5

Woodrufbn my most favorite place to eat is Chef Roy's in Rayne!!! I have family in Church Point so when we go to visit we have to stop!

OP...as others suggested look up your local Hobby Lobby or Michael's

woodruffbn Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 3:00pm
post #5 of 5

We just moved here, so I haven't discovered all the good places to eat yet. But I will have to check that out!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%