Help! My Leveler Hates Me!

Decorating By percussiongrrl Updated 10 Jul 2009 , 12:40am by kcat3740

percussiongrrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
percussiongrrl Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 12:10am
post #1 of 6

I leveled, torted, and filled my cake tonight, but it turned out to be a nightmare!

I've never torted a cake more than once, but I was doing 2 layers of filling on each tier, so obviously that requires more. But my leveler was horrible and my layers were all weird....how on earth do you get nice, even layers?? I had scored the side of the cake, so I could put it back together properly and overall it's level, but the individual layers are kind of whopperjawed...any suggestions for next time?

5 replies
kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 12:15am
post #2 of 6

Oh hon, you need an Agbay.

http://www.agbayproducts.com/

icon_wink.gif

jaybug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaybug Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 12:24am
post #3 of 6

I feel your pain, I gotta get me an agbay too! icon_cry.gif

percussiongrrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
percussiongrrl Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 12:33am
post #4 of 6

OMG, yes I do! I'm just using the little Wilton thing I got at Hobby Lobby...I had no idea something like this existed! I just looked up the demos on YouTube...that thing is like crack for cake decorating! It's WAY out of my price range right now, but now I know what I'm saving my pennies for! I wish I'd known for my birthday last month.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 12:39am
post #5 of 6

The Wilton leveler hates 98% of the people who buys it.

kcat3740 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kcat3740 Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 12:40am
post #6 of 6

trust me you will not regret getting one. I really only bake for hobby - just cakes for family and friends (although I seem to be developing a lot of "friends" who need cakes - ha ha) but I got sick of trying to use the leverler and sprang for the agbay - even for my minor usage I find it well worth it - so much less hassel and no problems. My mom came in one day while I was torting and leveling a cake and was very impressed.
They are well worth the money.
Karon

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%