2Nd Birthday Cake For An "all Boy".....any Ideas??

Decorating By apetricek Updated 16 Jul 2009 , 10:43pm by cylstrial

apetricek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apetricek Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 10:57pm
post #1 of 7

Hi there I have been asked by one of my customers to do a cake for her son's upcoming 2nd birthday. She said that he is "ALL BOY" and did I have any ideas? If anyone has any ideas, or something you have done with this idea...I would greatly use any and all help! I thought I doing maybe a sandbox, or a tiered cake with grass, dirt, bugs, etc...or maybe do something with trucks and a contruction theme....any ideas????? Thanks for taking time to read this, and helping me out!!!!!

6 replies
ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 10:53pm
post #2 of 7

I am doing an "all boy's" first birthday cake next weekend. She bought a tonka "construction" toy kit from walmart and I am going to pipe a huge "1" on the cake and make it the road for the construction site. There are some cool costruction cakes here in the gallery...actually one with the number 2 on it that I am using a for inspiration. I am making a 1/2 sheet (12x1icon_cool.gif for easy serving for their party. Good luck!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 11:36pm
post #3 of 7

Yeahm, anything with trucks.

Although for the record, my grandson is "all boy" and he wanted a mickey mouse cake!

flowermommyto3boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flowermommyto3boys Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 12:17pm
post #4 of 7

You can never go wrong with cars and trucks! Also, balls, bugs and animals are a hit!

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 12:27pm
post #5 of 7

Dinosaurs, all sports, super heroes...

DefyGravity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DefyGravity Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 8:19pm
post #6 of 7

Maybe something with bugs and other creepy crawlies on it? I have a 4 year old who is all boy, and he loves animals, bugs, birds, and everything outside.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 10:43pm
post #7 of 7

I really like the sand box idea. I think that sounds super cute. You could make a sheet cake. Then put a green turtle on it and then have the sand in the turtle. Then you could have little toys like a bucket and shovel, little cars, and then the little boy figurine playing in the sand.

But anything cars, tonka's, john deere, choo choo train, tool sets. They just love them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%