Combo Cake For Father/daughter(1Yr)

Decorating By tonimarie Updated 10 Jul 2009 , 4:09pm by IsaSW

tonimarie Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 2:38pm
post #1 of 3

Hi....okay here is the request: a father daughter cake-she is turning 1 and his birthday is the next day. The client asked if it would be possible to make 1 cake for both of them.....I'm not crzy about the idea as 1 year birthdays are my favorite because they are so special with a matching smash cake. I told her I would see what idea I could come up anyone got anything???? She wants the cake to be very "girly" she also said that she jokes with the father about how he's going to be giving the little girl diamonds, so I was thinking something with a diamond ring? also this is for a small party, so nothing on the large scale......I'm feeling icon_surprised.gif thanks.

2 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 2:53pm
post #2 of 3

It sounds like a real challenge to make a girly cake and have it be for the dad too.

It would be fun to make an animal of some sort and then make a mini cake of the same animal...for example daddy and daughter frogs (or bumblebees, if you have an egg pan that would be easy)...the daughter cake could have eyelashes and a bow on one ear to show it was a girl, and the mini cake could be the smash cake.

My oldest was due on her daddy's birthday. He was actually a bit relieved when I had her 6 weeks early because he didn't want to share his birthday icon_biggrin.gif

IsaSW Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 4:09pm
post #3 of 3

You could ask if both of them share a favorite food.
I once made a cake that looked like sushi, because both father and daughter loved sushi. But the daughter was 12 not 1 year old.
Just an idea.

Quote by @%username% on %date%