Need Help With A Wedding Cake

Decorating By jaime455 Updated 10 Jul 2009 , 12:18pm by cylstrial

jaime455 Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 2:15pm
post #1 of 12

I have an order for a wedding cake and the bride wants pound cake does anyone have a recipe that will not dry out too fast! I have not done a pond cake that large and I am afraid of it being dry PLEASE HELP!!!!

11 replies
cylstrial Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 3:03pm
post #2 of 12

I haven't made a pound cake in a long time - but could you put a moistening syrup on it? That's what I do with all the rest of cakes.

cas17 Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 3:37pm
post #3 of 12

how about the WASC (white almond sour cream) cake in the recipe section. it's very moist and delicious.

matthewkyrankelly Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 3:46pm
post #4 of 12

Use WASC. It is close enough to poundcake. You might want to up the butter flavor. That and the density will give a good poundcake flavor with the reliability you need for the wedding cake.

holly4409 Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 3:59pm
post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cas17

how about the WASC (white almond sour cream) cake in the recipe section. it's very moist and delicious.

eggs with the yolks instead of just whites and butter flavor instead of almond or vanilla. i agree with matthewkyrankelly that the density is very similar to pound cake, i don't think anyone would know the difference

HTH

LauraLanier Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 4:09pm
post #6 of 12

I agree, I think wasc with butter flavor would be fine. I have noticed when I don't use cake flour it seems to have a heavier feel to it but it is soooo good it is the only cake I want to bake now so I can have the scraps. icon_redface.gif

Kimmers971 Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 4:25pm
post #7 of 12

I have a great thumbs_up.gif pound cake recipe, I'll post it tonight when I get home from work. It's called Whipping Cream Pound Cake so you can find it. Everyone LOVES it and it is moist but not so much where it falls apart.

cylstrial Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 7:14pm
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmers971

I have a great thumbs_up.gif pound cake recipe, I'll post it tonight when I get home from work. It's called Whipping Cream Pound Cake so you can find it. Everyone LOVES it and it is moist but not so much where it falls apart.

Kimmers - that sounds delicious. I can't wait for the recipe.

cylstrial Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 7:18pm
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmers971

Kimmers - that sounds delicious. I can't wait for the recipe.

holly4409 Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 7:53pm
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLanier

it is soooo good it is the only cake I want to bake now so I can have the scraps. icon_redface.gif

haha. i'm the same way!!! except my DH has now caught on to the yumminess... so instead of cake scraps, he gets cake scraps and i get his scraps icon_lol.gif

jaime455 Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 5:20am
post #11 of 12

Thank You Guys!! I am going to be making some taste cakes this weekend and see which one I will use.

oh I had another question it is a 3 tier cake she wants the bottom and top layer pound cake and the middle cake wasc cake do you think that there would be enough of a difference if I used the wasc with the butter and yolk on the other layers (pound cake) or do you think it will all taste the same

cylstrial Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 12:18pm
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaime455

Thank You Guys!! I am going to be making some taste cakes this weekend and see which one I will use.

oh I had another question it is a 3 tier cake she wants the bottom and top layer pound cake and the middle cake wasc cake do you think that there would be enough of a difference if I used the wasc with the butter and yolk on the other layers (pound cake) or do you think it will all taste the same

I think it will taste different. But you will definitely be able to tell a difference in the texture.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%