Looking For A Good Oven

Business By babycakes0022 Updated 9 Jul 2009 , 3:23pm by tyty

babycakes0022 Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 2:10pm
post #1 of 4

I'm currently trying to find a good oven that will evenly bake two cakes at once. Does anyone have any suggestions or can anyone tell me what they use or is it possible to cook two cakes in one oven? Has anyone tried those freestanding double oven ranges? I appreciate any help I can get. Thank you!!!!!!

3 replies
skaggs1 Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 2:50pm
post #2 of 4

Heres a bump I would like to know too!

CookieD-oh Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 3:08pm
post #3 of 4

I have a Maytag Gemini (freestanding double oven/range), and it works ok. The bottom oven is big enough to put two to four layers in, and bakes evenly, but the top oven is about a third of the size of the bottom, and it bakes unevenly. I don't know if it's because it is so small or what, but I can't get a good cake out of that oven (the back cooks so much faster than the front that they always come out super-lopsided and unevenly baked). Even when I turn the cake halfway through, it is still uneven.
That being said, I love it for cookies. I make vast quantities of cookies every Christmas, and I can bake them almost as fast as I can get them on the cookie sheets with the two ovens going (depending on cookie type, of course)!

tyty Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 3:23pm
post #4 of 4

I have a Kichenaide Superba convection oven, and yes you can bake more than one cake. I have baked up to 4 layers at a time. You can also bake more that one pan of cookies at a time.

The only thing I don't like is the fan takes up room so I can only bake up to a 14 inch round, which is not so bad. I had to buy a 1/2 pan for the 16 inch and for large squares I can only bake up to 12 inch because of the flange around the edge. So when I had to make a 14 inch I had to piece it together with sheets.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%