New Beater Blade.....

Decorating By grama_j Updated 16 Jul 2009 , 6:45pm by cylstrial

grama_j Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 10:47am
post #1 of 18

I helped consumer test this blade for several weeks, and I can attest to the fact that it DOES what it says...what I didn't know about is the new glass bowl from Kitchen Aid........ GOTTA HAVE IT !

17 replies
LSW Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 11:01am
post #2 of 18

Got to agree with you, I have 2 of them and they are wonderful!!! Don't know how I ever lived without them! No more scraping the bowl, my icing and batters come out so smooth. I would highly recommend them!

Reimagining_Confections Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 11:42am
post #3 of 18

What about the plastic shaft? The side swiper seems to be made of coated metal where the beater beater is plastic. I guess I would worry with time and cleaning that the plastic would weaken and break.

Anyone have the side swipe?

grama_j Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 11:56am
post #4 of 18

I just checked about the bowl, and it looks like it is only going to be offered with the new 90th year addition of the KitchenAid mixer...... BUMMER !!! icon_cry.gif

jdconcc Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 12:32pm
post #5 of 18

I can't believe I've just sat and watched a video of a mixer mixing but I was entranced! I love KA's I've got one on my wish list.... That new blade looks fabulous!

grama_j Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 12:45pm
post #6 of 18

" That new blade looks fabulous! "

It really is, and the people that manufacture it are just as fabulous...... they will answer ANY questions you might have........ my daughter bought me one for my birthday a couple of years ago, and after a few months it developed a a stress crack in the shaft....... I sent them an e-mail telling them of the problem, and I had a brand new Beater Blade within two days.... They don't even make that model any more, and I haven't had one minute's trouble with the new one........ they have since that time developed a NEWER one....... that is the one shown in the youtube video..... They run around $25.00 and are worth every penny !

grama_j Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 12:54pm
post #7 of 18

" What about the plastic shaft? The side swiper seems to be made of coated metal where the beater beater is plastic."

This isn't like the Side Swiper blade..... it is a different company.......the Side Swipe has several little blades that go against the bowl...... the Beater Blade is a continuous rubber blade much like a spatula....

auntbeesbaking Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 1:11pm
post #8 of 18

I have a Beater Blade also, and if my house were on fire, I'd grab my Kitchen Aid, my Beater Blade and my Pampered Chef Scraper! icon_biggrin.gif I LOVE my Beater Blade! It IS worth the money!! I gave one to my friend for her birthday (she has a cheesecake business) and she loves it; says it cuts down on time mixing! It's WONDERFUL! thumbs_up.gif

auntbeesbaking Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 1:12pm
post #9 of 18

I have a Beater Blade also, and if my house were on fire, I'd grab my Kitchen Aid, my Beater Blade and my Pampered Chef Scraper! icon_biggrin.gif I LOVE my Beater Blade! It IS worth the money!! I gave one to my friend for her birthday (she has a cheesecake business) and she loves it; says it cuts down on time mixing! It's WONDERFUL! thumbs_up.gif

matthewkyrankelly Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 1:15pm
post #10 of 18

The only negative I've heard is that they can break over time. The shaft wears out or gets stress fractures. That said, It scrapes the bowl. If you think of it as a replaceable scraper. It's a good idea.

grama_j Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 1:36pm
post #11 of 18

" The only negative I've heard is that they can break over time. The shaft wears out or gets stress fractures."

The ORIGINAL did...... but that was a few years back...... they have perfected it over time, and as I stated in an above post, if there is ANY kind of problem, they HAPPILY take care of it in no time ! Just remember..... ANYTHING will break "over time".......and your car bumper is also made of plastic..... icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

Reimagining_Confections Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 1:57pm
post #12 of 18

Thanks for the info. I am still undecided. The other brand hasscrapers down the side too(they are angled and got good reviews). I like the one you endorse in theory, but not happy about the plastic shaft part(the other one is metal). Metal will definitely hold up better, sooooo.

Is the spatula part standard plastic or did they get smart and use silicon?

madras650 Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 1:27pm
post #13 of 18

I have a beater blade and I love it! I believe that it will last a long time. They are only $25, so if I have to get a new one in 5 years than...OK. It's worth every penny!

jillangel Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 5:50pm
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntbeesbaking

What she said! icon_biggrin.gif

msulli10 Posted 15 Jul 2009 , 6:02pm
post #15 of 18

Thanks for the info!

cylstrial Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 12:53pm
post #16 of 18

That is cool! I heard about it a while ago...and even watched the video. I just haven't had time to get it. Thanks for letting us know!

yellobutterfly Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 2:12pm
post #17 of 18

Does anyone have both, the beater blade and sideswipe? They're BOTH on my wish list... thumbs_up.gif I'm curious how they compare performance wise...

cylstrial Posted 16 Jul 2009 , 6:45pm
post #18 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellobutterfly

Does anyone have both, the beater blade and sideswipe? They're BOTH on my wish list... thumbs_up.gif I'm curious how they compare performance wise...

Oh I haven't heard about the sideswipe. Sounds interesting. I'll have to go and google it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%