My First Cake Thanks To Cc :)

Decorating By manomi

manomi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manomi Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 8:33am
post #1 of 1

Hi everyone,

I just made my first cake today for a friend's daughter's bday party tomorrow..I haven't even told her that I would be bringing the cake since I didn't know if i would be able to pull it off or not..icon_smile.gif..This is my first time with the fondant, tiering and ganache and i have learnt so much from other people's experiences and mistakes icon_wink.gif

Here is the link to the cake:
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1411154.html

Its far from perfect but still I wanted to post it here. I also need some suggestions with all u experienced people if u would be kind enough . I did not have an easy time putting the strips.. They just wanted to stretch when I picked them up plus it was difficult to put them on the cake in a straight line.. They would just go crooked on me.. Any suggestions? Also is there an easy way to pick up the small parts like eye brows, eyes and putting them on the cake? Do I pick them with the hand (this is what i did and it was difficult to place them in the exact place) or do i pick them up with a spatula? Stupid question, i know but i just wanted to know if there is a better way to handle this...Thanks a lot.

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%