Marsmallow Fondant

Decorating By octopus Updated 10 Jul 2009 , 6:24am by octopus

octopus Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 5:46am
post #1 of 4

hi!!

i have to make a cake covered with marshmallow fondant for a friend who doesn't consume any gelatin. i cant find marshmallow fluff here but found some marshmallow creme. has anyone tried making fondant with marshmallow creme? i never have and am scared its not going to work =/

thank you!

3 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 6:15am
post #2 of 4

I don't know if it will work. Marshmallows have gelatin in them which is what makes most fondant work, but marshmallow cream doesn't. From reading the labels at the gourmet grocery store, marshmallow fluff and marshmallow creme are the same thing...but I still don't know if they'll make fondant. Sorry I'm not more help.

Usually I would never recommend it, but Wilton's fondant is vegan so that might be an alternative. It's kosher also but not halal, in case any of those are the reasons that your friend doesn't eat gelatin.

octopus Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 4:00pm
post #3 of 4

i've made from dondant from fluff below and it worked just fine. creme is a very different consistency and i cant seem to find anyone who has used it in fondant (whereas fluff even has a fondant recipe in their booklet)

thank you!

octopus Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 6:24am
post #4 of 4

heyloo!

just fyi, i made the fondant with with marshmallow creme and it turned out just great! yay!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%