Letters On Fondant?

Decorating By cakes4ck Updated 9 Jul 2009 , 3:03am by dadawley

cakes4ck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes4ck Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 2:48am
post #1 of 3

How do I do writing or letters on fondant? Do you used more fondant and cut it? If so what do you use to do that? I tried free hand cutting and it isn't turning out. Can I do something else on it? I need black letters on blue fondant and blue letters on black.
Thanks

2 replies
wrightway777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wrightway777 Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 3:00am
post #2 of 3

quickest solution: go to Michaels and grab the letter/number cutters (that will get you through in a pinch) in the cake section. Use a 40% off coupon and you're golden. Tip: Have a small bowl filled with powdered sugar to dip each metal cutter in before cutting the thinly rolled out fondant.

best solution: go to GlobalSugarart.com and get some of the letter cutters there (do a search on their site). My favorite cutters (recent purchase) are the FMM "Funky Alphabet and Number set" they are fantabulous! Plus GSA are so incredibly fast and friendly. They have the best price on Fondant anywhere too.

dadawley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dadawley Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 3:03am
post #3 of 3

Hi, If it were me I would just use some fondant cutters of the alphabet or edible pens....They have some really nice alphabet cutters out there. Hope that helps!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%