I'm Soooo Proud Of My Latest Cake!!!

Decorating By CakeInfatuation Updated 11 Jul 2009 , 6:46pm by dhccster

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 3:22am
post #31 of 38

That jacket is CRAZY!!!!!!!!! Love it! And that Sphinx rocks! It's just great work. And I'm with you, I wish I had money like that to spend on a cake for6-8 people! LOL!

Delynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Delynn Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 4:11am
post #32 of 38

DH husband was amazed at your cake too; said "that's cool!"

Thanks for the compliments about my sphinx. I'm on the same page regarding the carving... when possible, I like to carve without all that buttercream in between to make a huge mess, even though I know it'll change the shape/height of things.

Questions: 1.) what size was your un-iced cake? 2.) Out of curiosity, how much did you end up charging (hope they gave you a big tip) 3.) When will you're guitar cake pics be ready for oooo's and ahhhh's?

CakeInfatuation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 12:48pm
post #33 of 38

The base that the hips are sitting on is an oval with 8" hips. I used two 8" round cakes, then a 6" round cake, then a 8" square cake stacked in that order. All pound. Carved, then added icing.

My darling husband helped me scale down my body a bit so I'd know how far from the hips to carve the boobs, where the curves should be, etc. He even drove me a profile picture of a woman's torso so I could have a guide.

I just carved relatively slowly knowing I couldn't put the cake back but could take more away. The square cake at the top really helped me get shoulders because it stuck out further. That was luck because we ran out of the 8" round pound cakes that were frozen and ready to be carved.

OH yea.... CARVE FROZEN! Less crumblies and breakage!

Barb00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Barb00 Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 1:01pm
post #34 of 38

To use my daughter's words - "Awesome" and brave for attempting this!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 1:04pm
post #35 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by stampinron

Okay, how did you keep the boobs up and not have them fall like they were on an 88 year old maniquin icon_wink.gif

icon_eek.gif LOL! That's too funny! But good question!

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 1:16pm
post #36 of 38

Amazing! You should be proud!!!

Cathy26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathy26 Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 2:23pm
post #37 of 38

holy crap that is amazing, cant believe its cake, you should be really really proud - ace of cakes couldnt do better or cleaner work icon_smile.gif

dhccster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dhccster Posted 11 Jul 2009 , 6:46pm
post #38 of 38

That is so neat. I haven't seen anything like that before!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%