I'm Soooo Proud Of My Latest Cake!!!

Decorating By CakeInfatuation Updated 9 Jul 2009 , 12:30am by dorie67

CakeInfatuation Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 11:56pm
post #1 of 7

I'm soooo excited about this cake. It turned out so well! Hooray! The stand is made out of a piece of wood for the base, a candlestick, a piece of mdf that has the same shape as the bottom piece of wood, a dowel, and then a wheel topped with a round wooden ball.

There are 4 pound cakes stacked to get the height of the body. This was the first cake I carved all by myself from start to finish. I usually recruit my dh for carving.

Below you can see the cake in the "carved" stage before adding the buttercream between the layers. The filling added almost 2" to the height of the dummy.

And here's a link to the finished cake. http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1410981.html
LL

6 replies
pattycakesnj Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 12:03am
post #2 of 7

great job, it came out beautiful

Sassy74 Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 12:05am
post #3 of 7

That is AWESOME! How funny that you get your dh to do the carving...me too! The customer *should* have been pleased. I can't imagine how you got that jacket done, seams so smooth, pattern so neat. It looks amazing--great job!

jaybug Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 12:08am
post #4 of 7

That is awesome! icon_eek.gif

enoid Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 12:09am
post #5 of 7

Amazing. You should be very proud of yourself. I would never have guessed it was a cake if all I saw was the picture. Great job. Can't wait to see your guitar.

majormichel Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 12:23am
post #6 of 7

Your cake is lovely. Right now I could see a wedding dress out of your craving (hint, hint).
Your work is excellent as usual.

dorie67 Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 12:30am
post #7 of 7

As well you should be, it turned out unbelievable!!!!!!! princess.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%