1St Time Using Frostin Pride...suggestions Please.

Decorating By AngelFood4 Updated 14 Jul 2009 , 3:26am by miny

AngelFood4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelFood4 Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 10:53pm
post #1 of 10

I just bought some Frostin Pride today to use as a filling for a chocolate cake. I heard that it doesn't need to be refriderated but for how long? Filling and bc crumb coat will be done on Friday, fondant & decorations on Saturday for a Sunday party. Will it be ok with 2 days out of the fridge? Will I be able to or can I add a layer of fresh strawberries over the Frostin Pride too? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

9 replies
miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 11:05pm
post #2 of 10

Are you talking about Pastry Pride? The one that looks like heavy cream and you need to whipp? If this is the case, PP DO need to be refrigerated, make sure you got the right one.

AngelFood4 Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 11:23pm
post #3 of 10

It's Frostin Pride (just checked it again) . I saw the Pastry Pride too. They look the same and I think the difference is that FP is in vanilla while PP isn't.

Any suggestions for a good "whipped cream" like filling that does not need to be refriderated? I'm don't like the sweetness of buttercream and want to use something not as sweet. It's for my daughter's 2nd birthday and the kids will probably devour the fondant anyways but it'll be nice to keep the filling not so sweet.

miny Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 12:10am
post #4 of 10

You should try swiss meringue buttercream, it's almost like whipped cream in consistency, very creamy, NOT sweet at all, easy to make, delicious, you can make it any flavor you need and its great under fondant! Need I say more? Give it a try and I promise you, you'll love it. The SMBC I use is the one Dyann posted in YouTube, search for it as "1-2-3 swiss meringue buttercream" I'm telling you, it's almost like whipped topping but it's BC, it's amazing. HTH

miny Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 12:23am
post #5 of 10

Sorry, forgot to say that IMO 2 days for FP out of the fridge it's too much and also, any fresh fruit in a filling needs to be refrigerated too, strawberries and raspberries get really soggy once cut even when refrigerated, if you need to keep the cake out of the fridge for so long, you are safer with a sleeve filling and BC.

AngelFood4 Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 12:36am
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by miny

You should try swiss meringue buttercream, it's almost like whipped cream in consistency, very creamy, NOT sweet at all, easy to make, delicious, you can make it any flavor you need and its great under fondant! Need I say more? Give it a try and I promise you, you'll love it. The SMBC I use is the one Dyann posted in YouTube, search for it as "1-2-3 swiss meringue buttercream" I'm telling you, it's almost like whipped topping but it's BC, it's amazing. HTH

Thank you Miny!!! I just watched the video and it is easy and looks yummy. I have to try this. Thank you for the fresh fruit tip as well....you are my savior! party.gif

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 12:46am
post #7 of 10

Some good answers here about Pastry Pride/Frostin' Pride:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060911153314AA0uXw8

Rae

miny Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 2:26am
post #8 of 10

No problem Angelfood, any time! thumbs_up.gif I don't know much but if I know it and can help you........count on me! icon_wink.gif

AngelFood4 Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 11:20pm
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelFood4

Quote:
Originally Posted by miny

Thank you Miny!!! I just watched the video and it is easy and looks yummy. I have to try this. Thank you for the fresh fruit tip as well....you are my savior! party.gif

Quick update...I made the SMBC this weekend and it was so delicious and perfect with a the chocolate WASC cake! Thanks again thumbs_up.gif

miny Posted 14 Jul 2009 , 3:26am
post #10 of 10

I told you!!! Isn't it the best? You could eat it by spoonfulls and never get tired of it icon_biggrin.gif I'm so glad you liked it thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%