Moving And Cake Orders?

Decorating By pipe-dreams Updated 9 Jul 2009 , 1:01pm by marmalade1687

pipe-dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipe-dreams Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 6:43pm
post #1 of 4

I am moving to another state in January. BUT, it may possibly be before then (my husband's company may shut down his dept in August). So my question is, should I stop taking cake orders for later in the year? I have a wedding cake request for November, which I obviously want to take. But what if I end up having to move before then? What would I do? Any advise would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

3 replies
Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 1:19am
post #2 of 4

Stop taking orders for the earliest day you would be moving. What's worse that having a bride know that her cake would be canceled right?

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 2:30am
post #3 of 4

Oh yes, stop taking orders. You will be busy packing and getting things ready so don't wait until the last minute to make up your mind when to do it.
I would probably stop for now since Aug might be 'the time'. You can always take a few later on if Aug isn't the end.

marmalade1687 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marmalade1687 Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 1:01pm
post #4 of 4

Yes, stop taking orders for the earliest date that you think that you might move! I moved last year, and it was just a few streets over - it was the most stressful thing ever because I only took a couple of weeks off to do it, and had clients calling me for orders DURING my move (my number stayed the same, and just transferred to the new house)! I ended up having to pack while doing wedding cakes, and then unpacking during our vacation, then getting right back into the wedding season after we had unpacked - never again. My advice - take time off to do it all!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%