Help! Can't Find Chocolate Cups Or Molds!

Decorating By Sadrienne Updated 23 Jul 2009 , 12:41am by Sadrienne

Sadrienne Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 6:41pm
post #1 of 9

Where can I find these chocolate cups? Or at the very least a mold for cups like these? I really want to be able to order them because the bride wants a total of four cakes at the wedding (including this one, which is the grooms cake) AND 300 decorated gumball penguins done in the wedding colors as wedding favors. I don't think i will have time to make the cups even if I could find the mold, but if that's my only option, I will.

PLEASE, Is there anywhere you know of that I could order something like this from? All the premade chocolate cups I've found online are pretty small...
LL

8 replies
Brownie1954 Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 6:51pm
post #2 of 9

Do you have a Gordon's Food Supply Store near you? They sell really nice chocolate cups.....

miny Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 6:55pm
post #3 of 9

They look homemade, my thinking is to get paper cups the size and shape you need them (maybe waxed so you take the chocolate cups easier) pour the chocolate on the sides, pour out the excess chocolate and let dry, when ready you just peel the paper cup and voala! HTH

Brownie1954 Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 7:07pm
post #4 of 9

You would most likely have to paint the paper cups with the chocolate first, let that set, then pour more chocolate in. If you pour it in first and try to turn them over to drain the excess chocolate, the paper cups will collapse.
Setting them in a cupcake pan would help them hold their shape while they set. Don't be afraid to put them in the freezer for a couple of minutes to set quickly.

matthewkyrankelly Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 7:21pm
post #5 of 9

There is a place called Nif-t-Foods dessert emporium. But they don't sell them in the summer months.

MichelleM77 Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 7:27pm
post #6 of 9
Sadrienne Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 12:41am
post #8 of 9

OK, I found that some of our small coffee cups are the right size and shape, but they have ridges on the outside and she wants them smooth, so I'll probably use the inside of the cup. My worry is that I will not be able to get them OUT without BREAKING them..is there anything I can coat the inside of the cup with FIRST so i can get them out? It's a porcelain coffee cup...?

Sadrienne Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 12:41am
post #9 of 9

OK, I found that some of our small coffee cups are the right size and shape, but they have ridges on the outside and she wants them smooth, so I'll probably use the inside of the cup. My worry is that I will not be able to get them OUT without BREAKING them..is there anything I can coat the inside of the cup with FIRST so i can get them out? It's a porcelain coffee cup...?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%