Bakugan?

Decorating By strawberrybox Updated 22 Jul 2009 , 11:00pm by babymomma

strawberrybox Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 5:31pm
post #1 of 12

my nephew is turning 12 this weekend, and his party is saturday. he wants a bakugan cake and i have no idea where to even begin. i've thought about trying to just make one giant bakugan, but i'm not really sure. any ideas?

11 replies
CALI_GIRL_CAKES Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 5:42pm
post #2 of 12

I was in the same boat as you....birthday boy wanted Bakugan balls..HUH. I have never heard of these before. I went to Wal-mart and took photo's of them in the toy section. They are not difficult to make, but very detailed. See my photos in my profile. I made the small ones with a Large Cupcake pan lined in foil. Could not find the ball pan for the small ones. The large cake is just the ball pan with fondant wings. Good Luck.

CALI_GIRL_CAKES Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 5:43pm
post #3 of 12

I was in the same boat as you....birthday boy wanted Bakugan balls..HUH. I have never heard of these before. I went to Wal-mart and took photo's of them in the toy section. They are not difficult to make, but very detailed. See my photos in my profile. I made the small ones with a Large Cupcake pan lined in foil. Could not find the ball pan for the small ones. The large cake is just the ball pan with fondant wings. Good Luck.

CALI_GIRL_CAKES Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 5:47pm
post #4 of 12

opps. double post icon_redface.gif

dennettesdelectables Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 5:48pm
post #5 of 12

I agree with CAlI girl..I had the same problem although this boy changed his mind at the last minute..but I was going to just do a sheet cake and make it look like one of the cards...definitely some detail work..but its an idea... HTH..good luck

dennettesdelectables Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 5:50pm
post #6 of 12

I agree with CAlI girl..I had the same problem although this boy changed his mind at the last minute..but I was going to just do a sheet cake and make it look like one of the cards...definitely some detail work..but its an idea... HTH..good luck

annisa523 Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 5:58pm
post #7 of 12

I would have kind of the same question, but my son who is 8 and is sooo into bakugans has drawn a picture of the cake he wants, then I thought of extras. Have your base cake square then do a big bakugan on top(half of a ball cake), his picture has the bakugan popped up (a dragon) so you have to make wings, face, details. And I thouhgt of doing some gate cards/ability cards to go on top and/or around the base cake. I would decorate the base cake depending on the bakugan you choose of course if it's a fire, water, earth,light, wind etc. good luck! My son's birthday it's not until december.

icer101 Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 5:58pm
post #8 of 12

i had to make the balls , couple of months ago. on cupcakes.. don,t have the photo in my gallery... very hard and time consuming.. but i charged a lot for them.. i made 6 cupcakes with the balls on top. and 6 plain for mom and dad and sis.. charged 50.00 dollars.. she sent me a ball to go by. i mean ti was hard. the one i made. .. you hardly could tell the difference in that and the real one. she never said if she liked them.. i never asked. she got me to do her daughters b/d in a few months.. but only had to make it plain. then she threw some plastic decorations on it.. it was her cake.. she can do whatever she likes. you can go on that site and get ideas.

summernoelle Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 6:00pm
post #9 of 12

My son wants a bakugan cake, too. What I am going to do is make several small ones from fondant-like sculpted figures and then place them on a cool tiered cake. HTH!

strawberrybox Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 10:34pm
post #10 of 12

all wonderful ideas! i was just at wal mart and found a couple of bakugan figurines (not ball shaped, so idk) and i think i might just buy that, do a stacked cake with all sorts of bakugan balls, and have the tiger thing stand on top. thanks guys icon_smile.gif ! i'll post a picture after the weekend.

drakegore Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 12:39am
post #11 of 12

my son turned 6 last month and we had (HAD) to have a bakugan cake...
i decided i could not do a carved cake with everything else i had going on and did a stacked cake with cutouts (it's in my photos...you can't miss it...it's bright blue).

he wanted a carved "fear ripper" icon_eek.gif , but i told him "mommy was just not going there...", lol.

diane

babymomma Posted 22 Jul 2009 , 11:00pm
post #12 of 12

I did cupcakes with the bakugan balls on top. I took a large gumball and covered it with fondant, then put the details on after the fondant hardened a bit. Seemed to be the perfect size. I frosted the cupcakes with white, made a cutout from one of the cards and then used the black, red & yellow sprays to decorate before placing the balls. Looked great and the boys loved the idea of eating their 'bakugan balls."

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%