Ideas Anyone??

Decorating By lkoenig07 Updated 8 Jul 2009 , 12:18pm by lkoenig07

lkoenig07 Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 11:38am
post #1 of 4

I'm making a practice wedding cake just to build my portfolio a little more for weddings. I have a 6" square (4" of cake) for the top & 9" round for the bottom (about 4" as well). Anyone have any ideas for what to do with it?? And quick - I want to make it today!

3 replies
2SchnauzerLady Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 11:54am
post #2 of 4

No knowing what else you already have in your portfolio, are you planning on stacked or separated? I would recommend decorating with whatever method that is your absolute best skill - if you do a really beautiful flower - and it is better than anything else you do, use that and have them cascade down the cake. You want to showcase your absolute best skills. If you are stacking and have a beautiful unusual border, use that. Since you want it to stand out, use color - white cakes are sometimes hard to see on pictures.

lkoenig07 Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 12:16pm
post #3 of 4

I'm planning on doing them stacked. I wanted to use hydrangeas because I love the way the look. I just wasn't sure of the placement or anything like that - especially with it being a mixed shape cake.

lkoenig07 Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 12:18pm
post #4 of 4

I'm planning on doing them stacked. I wanted to use hydrangeas because I love the way they look. I just wasn't sure of the placement or anything like that - especially with it being a mixed shape cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%