Fondant Candles

Decorating By calamity_clair Updated 6 Nov 2014 , 12:33pm by 8oak

calamity_clair Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 11:32am
post #1 of 9

Just wondering whether anyone has ever covered a wax candle in fondant, so the wick can still be lit... thought this would be a very cute idea, as long as I don't catch anything on fire. Second part of the question would then be... would sugar glue stick to the wax, or any other ideas?

Thanks again!

8 replies
GayeG Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 1:32pm
post #2 of 9

Ive seen people stick a tea light into a candle holder they've made from fondant .. but never what you said -
I would think the heat would just melt the fondant and cause it to go limp - or the flame would go out when it burns down to fondant level -
Hmmm I dunno - interesting concept though - I'm interested in what others might say!!
Good Luck!

calamity_clair Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 11:29pm
post #3 of 9

Think I might have to do a test run on this one. I'll let you know.

GayeG Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 10:56pm
post #4 of 9

Please do - Im interested to see!!

jennajane Posted 23 Feb 2011 , 8:29pm
post #5 of 9

Sorry to dig up an old thread....but did it work? Anyone else try?
Jenna

dakotablackodom Posted 16 Sep 2013 , 10:45pm
post #6 of 9

AInterested to see if anyone has tried this??

cakebabeesteps Posted 5 Nov 2014 , 9:54am
post #7 of 9

AI'm interested in trying this out. Or if it has been attempted before any update would be appreciated.

karennayak Posted 6 Nov 2014 , 12:55am
post #8 of 9

Please be very careful. I did a seven tier wedding cake with candles spiralling on the outside and the sugar work caught fire. It burnt fast and hot. My husband tried to put it out and got a huge blister on his hand.

8oak Posted 6 Nov 2014 , 12:33pm
post #9 of 9

I haven't done fondant over wax candles, but I made these using candle wicks from the craft store and candy clay. Kept the wicks long and the burn time short - worked great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%