Whats Your Favorite Go-To For Fillings??

Decorating By CanadianCakin Updated 9 Jul 2009 , 6:26am by CanadianCakin

CanadianCakin Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 4:38am
post #1 of 10

I know a lot of people swear by WASC, I love it too! But what is your go-to for fillings?
I am looking for something to go with Death By Chocolate cake in particular, but got to thinking I would love to hear you faves!!

TIA!!!!

9 replies
Kitagrl Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 4:47am
post #2 of 10

I love whipped ganache in chocolate cake....

in2cakes2 Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 4:51am
post #3 of 10

I found a choclate fudge filling here on CC that I leave the water out of and it is thick and super yummy! icon_lol.gif

cocobean Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 5:28am
post #4 of 10

Lately I've fallen in love with IMBC flavored anywhich way, it's sooo good as a filling. Yesterday I made a double batch then divided into like 11 small bowls. I mixed in: strawberry filling, vanilla bean, rum, champagne flavoring, lemon curd, melted white chocolate, semi sweet chocolate, raspberry filling, orange oil, kahula and chopped up marishino (sp) cherries. I just did it so I could taste them all. The only problem is I think cakes with that need to be refridgerated and I just don't have the room to do that with a totally decorated cake! I can refridgerate cupcakes o.k. but a three tierd wedding cake----problems!

Any IMBC experts out there that will give me the o.k. to leave a cake with that kind of filling out for 24 hours or more? icon_confused.gif

soygurl Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 7:11am
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocobean

Lately I've fallen in love with IMBC flavored anywhich way, it's sooo good as a filling. Yesterday I made a double batch then divided into like 11 small bowls. I mixed in: strawberry filling, vanilla bean, rum, champagne flavoring, lemon curd, melted white chocolate, semi sweet chocolate, raspberry filling, orange oil, kahula and chopped up marishino (sp) cherries. I just did it so I could taste them all. The only problem is I think cakes with that need to be refridgerated and I just don't have the room to do that with a totally decorated cake! I can refridgerate cupcakes o.k. but a three tierd wedding cake----problems!

Any IMBC experts out there that will give me the o.k. to leave a cake with that kind of filling out for 24 hours or more? icon_confused.gif

IMBC (and SMBC) are fine at room temp for several days.

cocobean Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 11:33pm
post #6 of 10

soygurl, reeelly! Great thanks!

fruitsnack Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 11:50pm
post #7 of 10

My fave filling by far is MacsMom's truffle filling (it can be found in the google document of the gourmet thread). You can use white chocolate, semi-sweet or milk chocolate and can add Lorann oils to flavor it.

It's so good I have to keep myself from eating it with a spoon. icon_smile.gif

wrightway777 Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 3:20am
post #8 of 10

My absolute fave is a Caramel Espresso Buttercream recipe that I found in, "The Cake Book" by Tish Boyle. It is a french style buttercream (very creamy) that uses dark brown sugar instead of white sugar which turns into caramel. It is a perfect balance of espresso and caramel. Easy to make - no need for washing the sides of the pan down with a brush/water while the sugar is boiling. It would be phenomenal paired with your chocolate cake! I love the entire book really. But I must say, you MUST try this recipe if you ever get your hands on this book.

Shirlcantuck Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 3:31am
post #9 of 10

excuse the ignorance, but what is IMBC or SMBC?

CanadianCakin Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 6:26am
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirlcantuck

excuse the ignorance, but what is IMBC or SMBC?

It's Italian Meringue Buttercream or Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Thanks for all the good ideas!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%