Need Fast Help! How Long Do Sleeved Fillings Keep In Fridge?

Decorating By Bellatheball Updated 8 Jul 2009 , 6:05pm by Bellatheball

Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 3:40am
post #1 of 13

I opened a sleeve of strawberry filling for Father's Day. I sealed it up and put it in the fridge. What are the chances it's still good?

12 replies
cryssi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cryssi Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 5:53am
post #2 of 13

Still good. I think it lasts a month in the fridge, at least. Taste it, but I think you're fine.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 12:18pm
post #3 of 13

this stuff lasts just short of forever. you are definitely fine to use it.

ckckhome Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckckhome Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 12:31pm
post #4 of 13

I have sealed a couple of sleeves in food saver bags and 3 months later they were still good.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 12:33pm
post #5 of 13

It'll still be good by Christmas. icon_smile.gif

handymama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
handymama Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 12:40pm
post #6 of 13

Along the same line--how long is it good at room temp. once it's inside the cake? Should it be refrigerated, as with other fruit fillings? That's what I've been doing in order to be on the safe side, but life would be easier if I didn't have to.

indydebi Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 12:45pm
post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by handymama

Along the same line--how long is it good at room temp. once it's inside the cake? Should it be refrigerated, as with other fruit fillings? That's what I've been doing in order to be on the safe side, but life would be easier if I didn't have to.

No it does not need refrigerated when it's in the cake. That's part of what makes these so great to use. The sleeved fillings is pretty much all I ever use and I never refrigerate my cakes.

cryssi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cryssi Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 2:07pm
post #8 of 13

I use sleeved fillings BECAUSE I can't refrigerate my cakes (fondant). They are great!

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 2:22pm
post #9 of 13

What do you find are the best flavors in the sleeve fillings?
I have only used raspberry and I always hesitate to use the other flavors.
I am very interested in Indy's opinion as she has used these alot.

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 2:27pm
post #10 of 13

What do you find are the best flavors in the sleeve fillings?
I have only used raspberry and I always hesitate to use the other flavors.
I am very interested in Indy's opinion as she has used these alot.

indydebi Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 2:30pm
post #11 of 13

The raspberry is the #1 flavor picked by my brides. Plus it's just so pretty when it's cut. The pineapple, lemon, strawberry are good. Apple Spice is good ... not too cinnamony, which really turns me off.

The creme ones fall a littler shorter on the "I like these" list. Bavarian creme, choc bavarian creme, etc. They seem to have a "tangy" bite to them. It could be just my taste preference. I recently tried the cream cheese filling, thinking it would be handier than making cream cheese BC, but I really don't like this one.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 3:02pm
post #12 of 13

Stands with Indy. That stuff lasts forever, which is why I use it. Tastes fine, looks pretty, and doesn't need refrigeration. Per-fect!

Also agree that I use a lot of raspberry, followed by strawberry, but also a lot of the Bavarian Cream. Lemon is the least requested. The chocolate Bavarian is downright awful. I wound up throwing that out.

I used a meringue based bc that I mix with the sleeved fillings. 2 parts bc + 1 part filling = mousse like filling that doesn't have to be refrigerated.

Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 6:05pm
post #13 of 13

Thanks everyone. So you guys leave the cheese fillings at room temp too? Huh. Good to know!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%