Can You Believe This?!?!?!

Decorating By mjnj Updated 13 Jul 2009 , 4:09am by IcingSugar

jlsheik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlsheik Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 2:04am
post #31 of 39

OMG...I needed a good chuckle....that one did it for me!

jlsheik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlsheik Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 2:05am
post #32 of 39

OMG...I needed a good chuckle....that one did it for me!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 2:11am
post #33 of 39

I'm no fan of Sandra Lee but I can respect anyone who raised her brothers and sisters when they were a kids themselves. She learned how to cook because her mother was unable to do anything but lay in bed. She got into saving money in decorating and came up with something I think that was on the home shopping network to sell. Somehow or another Food Network and her got connected about short-cut meals and VOILA, she gets a show.

Now if you want to see something funny go watch her Kwanzaa cake video. I'll give you a hint *sing song voice* there's corn nuts.

Christie_H Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Christie_H Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 2:19am
post #34 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkolmar

I'm no fan of Sandra Lee but I can respect anyone who raised her brothers and sisters when they were a kids themselves. She learned how to cook because her mother was unable to do anything but lay in bed. She got into saving money in decorating and came up with something I think that was on the home shopping network to sell. Somehow or another Food Network and her got connected about short-cut meals and VOILA, she gets a show.

Now if you want to see something funny go watch her Kwanzaa cake video. I'll give you a hint *sing song voice* there's corn nuts.

*grin* I was just retrieving it to post. The corn nuts...the full-size tapers...the horror...

http://www.foodnetwork.com/videos/kwanzaa-cake/1455.html

varika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varika Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 2:27am
post #35 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christie_H

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkolmar

*grin* I was just retrieving it to post. The corn nuts...the full-size tapers...the horror...

http://www.foodnetwork.com/videos/kwanzaa-cake/1455.html

....I just want to know....how did she eat that, at the end, and NOT DIE? Or maybe the camera had to cut away so fast because she promptly vomitted into the sink...

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 2:27am
post #36 of 39

I would like to see a thread called *MY* $500 cake. We could post where in the world we work, how long we've been in the biz, and some details (hey some flavors increase cost)...

Because really, I've never made a $500 cake that even closely on any scale resembled that...

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 2:39am
post #37 of 39

I giver her all the credit in the world for raising her siblings. And she's a perfectly pleasant woman.

My only issue with her is that she belongs in the pages of Better Homes & Gardens, where people are looking for clever crafts and quick meals-in-a-snap. The Food Network used to be the one serious channel for people who actually wanted to watch and learn about food and cooking. Then, with her, began the network of food 'personalities' and food game shows. Pbbbffft!!

As the New York Times said in its review of her book, "Sandra seems more intent on encouraging people to create excuses for not cooking than on encouraging them to cook wholesome simple foods...she has produced two books in which she encourages a dislike for cooking, and gives people an excuse for feeding themselves and their families mediocre food filled with preservatives."

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 2:54am
post #38 of 39

LOL! The Kwanzaa cake gave me flashbacks to Heathers... Corn Nuts!!!!

IcingSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IcingSugar Posted 13 Jul 2009 , 4:09am
post #39 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by artscallion

My only issue with her is that she belongs in the pages of Better Homes & Gardens, where people are looking for clever crafts and quick meals-in-a-snap.

I think you're giving her waaaay too much credit there, artscallion. I've subscribed to BH&G for years and they actually feature some fairly sophisticated recipes. Sandra's more in the Woman's World Weekly league, and that's on a good day. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%