Baked Goods Ideas

Business By steph_78 Updated 8 Jul 2009 , 3:25pm by CrazyCakes13

steph_78 Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 2:15am
post #1 of 12

Well, seems things have been going very well for me and I am looking at getting my own shop now. I have not been doing anything other then cakes though. I was approached today by a restaurant owner to see if I would be interested in moving in with them and doing baked goods there and paying a small fee for rent. I don't think moving out of one locastion and into another to do the same thing. I have looked around here where I live and found a potential shop to buy for a really good price but it needs alot of work to be turned over from a breakfast restaurant to a bake shop. What I would like to know is what to you people who have a bake shop, sell besides cakes. Just looking for ideas. There is nobody else in my town that sells baked goods and people have been requesting so it sounds like a good idea for now anyway.

11 replies
krissycupcakes Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 2:24am
post #2 of 12

lets start with where do you live what kinda area is it

steph_78 Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 2:38am
post #3 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by krissycupcakes

Southern Ontario

steph_78 Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 2:39am
post #4 of 12
Quote:

Southern Ontario

steph_78 Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 2:42am
post #5 of 12
Quote:

Southern Ontario

steph_78 Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 2:43am
post #6 of 12
Quote:

Southern Ontario

krissycupcakes Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 2:46am
post #7 of 12

is it a high end area a city ???

krissycupcakes Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 2:47am
post #8 of 12

is it a high end area a city ???

steph_78 Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 2:51am
post #9 of 12

Sorry for the multiple posts. I do not live in a big city. It is just a small community of a couple thousand. Most of my customers are fromthe city where my current shop is though. 100 000 population maybe.

krissycupcakes Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 3:09pm
post #10 of 12

ok so i would say cakes, brownies, blondies, macaroons, homemade canolli filling(buy the shells there not worth making) cupcakes, if you do cookies i say dont bother going the traditional butter cookies i say choco chip maybe butter slices alil nicer then average cookies. good luck

krissycupcakes Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 3:11pm
post #11 of 12

ok so i would say cakes, brownies, blondies, macaroons, homemade canolli filling(buy the shells there not worth making) cupcakes, if you do cookies i say dont bother going the traditional butter cookies i say choco chip maybe butter slices alil nicer then average cookies. good luck

CrazyCakes13 Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 3:25pm
post #12 of 12

Hi there, I'm in S. Ontario too. Depending on which town you are from, check out what's happening in similar towns. Hamilton (Westdale) has a cupcake shop, but I believe they have other things as well. Streetsville has a bakery, as does Oakville, Burlington I know for sure has several... so my suggestion would be to check out some of the larger towns/cities nearby and find out what's on their menu. Gives you an idea of what does well, and also what you can do to make it your own.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%