What Filling/frosting For Red Velvet Wedding Cake?

Baking By jrod1974 Updated 8 Jul 2009 , 12:00am by artscallion

jrod1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jrod1974 Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 11:42pm
post #1 of 3

i believe I saw that a cream cheese frosting goes best with the red velvet cake...is this correct? and if so, can I make a cream cheese buttercream frosting? the wedding is at the end of july. thanks.

2 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 11:56pm
post #2 of 3

most people use cream cheese frosting and filling for red velvet.on this site there are some crusting cream cheese recipes. and on edna's site. a c/cer on here. her site is designmeacake.com.. she has a crusting cream cheese recipe.. the frosting made with milk and flour that you cook till thick . then let cool.. then beat butter and sugar. and then add the flour mixture is great tasting on red velvet. but the crusting cream cheese would be best for wedding. earlene moore has a good tasting one on her site also. i have made this lots of times. hth

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 12:00am
post #3 of 3

Cream cheese frosting is the traditional/classic pairing with a red velvet cake. Whether or not it's the best pairing is up for debate. Personally, if I were making a red velvet cake, I'd try and find a new, more creative way of filling and frosting it, as others have done.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%