Wedding Cake Contracts

Business By AmyCakes2 Updated 10 Jul 2009 , 2:46pm by -K8memphis

AmyCakes2 Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 11:33pm
post #1 of 9

HI all - I know I've seen people mention wedding cake contracts before, and would like some samples if you would? I need to start formulating my own, and would like to get an idea as to what to include.
Thanks so much!

8 replies
Alice1230 Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 11:43pm
post #2 of 9

heres a link to a very good one from another thread

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-630887.html

cylstrial Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 12:39pm
post #3 of 9

A lot of cake companies have their contract on their website. I just kind of take a look at theirs and see what I like and what I don't like.

IsaSW Posted 9 Jul 2009 , 7:50pm
post #4 of 9

Here is the one I use.
I got it somewhere in the internet, and changed in acrobat to reflect my info.

mkm25 Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 12:16pm
post #5 of 9

Isa, thanks! That contract was super helpful!

mkm25 Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 12:29pm
post #7 of 9

Thanks so much!

cylstrial Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 12:51pm
post #8 of 9

No problem. I just googled "cake contracts" and that's what I came up with. I'm sure there are even more. I just didn't feel like going past the first 3 pages.

-K8memphis Posted 10 Jul 2009 , 2:46pm
post #9 of 9

My advice on cake 'contracts' is to keep it simple.

Life is risk.

I've heard of some of our contracts being pages and pages long with clause after clause of potential 'what ifs'.

Me, I just have the particulars, the details of the order itself, lots of phone numbers of principals in the families and of the vendors, money details, no refunds, due dates, size of serving, that I take control & make it to the best of my ability, that cancelation must be in writing.

I have two additonal sheets of paper one that I write ideas down on during the consult and the other I detail a list of 'homework' for the bride (like get color swatch, phone # of florist, etc.)

That's about it.

Cake order ideas for you.

I just got a pad of order blanks from an office store--no worries--no big deal.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%