Help???

Decorating By 1SunnyGyrl Updated 7 Jul 2009 , 11:25pm by celestecakes78

1SunnyGyrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1SunnyGyrl Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 11:06pm
post #1 of 4

I am going to make myself a birthday cake. I have made a couple of cakes before for people in my family.

I want to make a double layer with a filing between them, and cover it with fondant. And then go from there.....

I previously just used buttercream icing to cover the cake and to decorate it.

Anyone have any ideas for fillings between the cakes? I want to make a butter yellow cake.

flavors I love:
chocolate mousse
cheesecake
vanilla bean
caramel
pecans, walnuts, or peanuts
butterscotch
milk chocolate only (not semi or dark)

Now onto covering the cake. This will be my first time using fondant... Anyone have any easy recipes that taste good?

I also need ideas on how to decorate my square cake. I don't want it to look tacky as I am making this for my birthday party.

HELP!!!

Thank you so much!

3 replies
celestecakes78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
celestecakes78 Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 11:22pm
post #2 of 4

As far as fillings and cakes go the old saying is true you can't make everyone happy with your choice.However reading your list it made me think of somethings you may want to consider for your guests.Is anyone allergic to nuts? Are there going to be little kids eating this?IMO choc mousse is always a hit and it goes well with the cake you chose. some of the other fillings like cheesecake might be alittle more an adult flavor then kids.The fondant i love to use is michele fosters fondant from this site.

celestecakes78 Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 11:24pm
post #3 of 4

As far as fillings and cakes go the old saying is true you can't make everyone happy with your choice.However reading your list it made me think of somethings you may want to consider for your guests.Is anyone allergic to nuts? Are there going to be little kids eating this?IMO choc mousse is always a hit and it goes well with the cake you chose. some of the other fillings like cheesecake might be alittle more an adult flavor then kids.The fondant i love to use is michele fosters fondant from this site.

celestecakes78 Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 11:25pm
post #4 of 4

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%