Fondant That Tastes Good

Baking By Dana8793 Updated 8 Jul 2009 , 8:27pm by panchanewjersey

Dana8793 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dana8793 Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 10:47pm
post #1 of 5

Help, I am new to cake decorating, and all of the online fondant recipes I have tried taste terrible, the store bought ones taste almost vinegary, but they roll and decorate nicely. The online recipes taste better, but always stick and never roll clean no matter how much conf. sugar or cornstarch I use....I am looking for a relatively easy fondant recipe that mixes well, colors well, and tastes good, almost as if it tastes like icing.... anyone out there who can help me will be appreciated....

4 replies
anamado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anamado Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 10:56pm
post #2 of 5

MMF (marshmallow fondant) is the one that works for me!!!!
But the easiness of working with it comes with experience....
I love it and I do all my decoration with it. I cover my cakes, do the accents and modeling with it.

BlondJP84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlondJP84 Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 8:11pm
post #3 of 5

this is the recipe that I use for my fondant.

http://whatscookingamerica.net/PegW/Fondant.htm

At first it's very sticky and sticks to EVERYTHING but after you've mixed it enough and there's enough conf. sugar and shortening it's almost like a slightly sticky play dough.

I "flour" the rolling pin and counter with conf. sugar and haven't had too much trouble. Good luck!

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 8:20pm
post #4 of 5

Jennifer Dontz (jennifermi) has a recipe for semi homemade chocolate fondant and it's very good. The recipe is on her DVDs at www.sugardelites.com Chocopan is also very good but very soft and a little expensive.

panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 8:27pm
post #5 of 5

Recently had Fondx it taste good, like rolled bc. I preferrred flavor over mmf. Just ordered some and want to try working with it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%