How Do I Make Mickey Mouse Skin Color?

Decorating By cakelovincrazy Updated 7 Jul 2009 , 11:53pm by canuelas4

cakelovincrazy Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 9:41pm
post #1 of 6

I'm making a Mickey Mouse cake and not sure how to mix his skin color. I have the Wilton gel colors.

Also, if anyone has any help or pointers on making the cake that would be greatly appreciated because I've never done him before. I downloaded Wilton's instructions, but if anyone has any other tips that would be great. icon_biggrin.gif

The person I'm making it for wants me to use the Wilton pan and she also wants me to use crushed oreo cookies for his ears instead of black buttercream. icon_eek.gif
I'm not so sure that is going to look very nice, but it's her cake. What do you all think? She doesn't want the mess of the black icing on her daughter.

OH and one more question, what color icing do you put under all the star piping or does it matter and do you ice the sides of the cake with that same color icing?

Thank you! icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 9:48pm
post #2 of 6

Just a touch of copper will give you the right skin color.

ZlatkaT Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 11:22pm
post #3 of 6

For the skin color I used Wilton Ivory color. I did not bake my Minnie mouse in character cake pan, but you can look at my picture gallery, maybe to check how the skin color looks. Good luck with your baking.

celestecakes78 Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 11:33pm
post #4 of 6

if you don't have the copper you can use a tiny bit of brown and to warm it up you can use pink and yellow with it just a little bit not too much! with the shaped cake pan you can just ice the sides with whatever color buttercream and you don't have to cover the top with frosting before you pipe your stars onto it just go right ahead with the stars otherwise it makes it hard to see the pattern underneath.Good luck

drakegore Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 11:52pm
post #5 of 6

i too used just a tiny touch of copper for my mickey color.

canuelas4 Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 11:53pm
post #6 of 6

I made a mickey using the ivory color. I also heard that you can use copper, but ivory worked well for me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%