Attaching Cigarillos To A Cake

Decorating By lgrtaust Updated 8 Jul 2009 , 6:23pm by lgrtaust

lgrtaust Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lgrtaust Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 8:14pm
post #1 of 4

Does anyone know how to make cigarillos stick to a cake. I tried attaching buttercream to the sticks with a spatula, it turned out messy. When I look at pics of cakes with cigarillos, I don't see how they are attached. I have a wedding on the 18th and the grooms cake is going to be three tiered with the cigarillos. Help anyone!

3 replies
Marci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marci Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 8:26pm
post #2 of 4

Usually I just push them slightly into the cake's icing, one by one (while wearing gloves so the chocolate doesn't melt in my hands). Are you doing it on the sides or top of the cake? If you use crusting buttercream, you will need to put the sticks against the buttercream before it crusts over. Is there a certain cake that you are trying to duplicate, so I can see a photo?

jamiekwebb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamiekwebb Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 8:31pm
post #3 of 4

Maybe some more melted choc or RI. Maybe do it before your BC has crusted and lightly push them in....

lgrtaust Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lgrtaust Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 6:23pm
post #4 of 4

yes....I am trying to duplicate a three tiered I saw on rainbowsugarcraft.co.uk/ website. Maybe I will do a dry run on a six inch cake and try to attach them before the icing crust as you have suggested.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%