Help With Sponge Bob 3-D Cake!

Decorating By Sweetriley Updated 7 Jul 2009 , 7:24pm by Debluvs2bake

Sweetriley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetriley Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 6:45pm
post #1 of 6

I just took a birthday cake order for an upright Sponge Bob cake. It will be in a sitting position and it will be fondant covered. She wanted him to completely stand but I told her that wouldn't be possible (I gave her a great price) but that I could make him sitting. This will be a first for me. Does anyone have any ideas for me or anywhere I can find instructions? Thanks everyone for you help!

5 replies
elkinchahin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elkinchahin Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 6:56pm
post #2 of 6

how about if you cut rectangles and stack them, or maybe make a wooden base with two big dowels sticking out so you can stack the cake there and use it as support, hope this helps

fightinfire154 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fightinfire154 Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 7:07pm
post #3 of 6

We had looked into building a 3D Sponge Bob also at one point, maybe this link can help u.... http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1337430.html

Reyna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reyna Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 7:07pm
post #4 of 6

i think definitely screw on 2 good size wooden dowels and just stack your layers that should make it very steady!! if you use a pound cake even better just need a good filling to compensate the dryness of the pund cake.

MyDiwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MyDiwa Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 7:09pm
post #5 of 6

Here's a really good pic of a spongebob cake where he's sitting. Maybe you could pm for help?

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1394195

Debluvs2bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debluvs2bake Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 7:24pm
post #6 of 6

I did a RKT SpongeBob that measured 6" x 8" sitting on top of a 10" round, see my photos. Covered in fondant w/ 50/50 legs and arms. PM me if you want additional info.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%