Help With Sponge Bob 3-D Cake!

Decorating By Sweetriley Updated 7 Jul 2009 , 7:24pm by Debluvs2bake

Sweetriley Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 6:45pm
post #1 of 6

I just took a birthday cake order for an upright Sponge Bob cake. It will be in a sitting position and it will be fondant covered. She wanted him to completely stand but I told her that wouldn't be possible (I gave her a great price) but that I could make him sitting. This will be a first for me. Does anyone have any ideas for me or anywhere I can find instructions? Thanks everyone for you help!

5 replies
elkinchahin Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 6:56pm
post #2 of 6

how about if you cut rectangles and stack them, or maybe make a wooden base with two big dowels sticking out so you can stack the cake there and use it as support, hope this helps

fightinfire154 Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 7:07pm
post #3 of 6

We had looked into building a 3D Sponge Bob also at one point, maybe this link can help u....

Reyna Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 7:07pm
post #4 of 6

i think definitely screw on 2 good size wooden dowels and just stack your layers that should make it very steady!! if you use a pound cake even better just need a good filling to compensate the dryness of the pund cake.

MyDiwa Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 7:09pm
post #5 of 6

Here's a really good pic of a spongebob cake where he's sitting. Maybe you could pm for help?

Debluvs2bake Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 7:24pm
post #6 of 6

I did a RKT SpongeBob that measured 6" x 8" sitting on top of a 10" round, see my photos. Covered in fondant w/ 50/50 legs and arms. PM me if you want additional info.

Quote by @%username% on %date%