What Tip Did They Use?

Decorating By Stephianme Updated 8 Jul 2009 , 1:34pm by minicuppie

Stephianme Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 6:35pm
post #1 of 8

I have been asked to make this cake and I'm not sure what tip they used to make this border. Does any one know and can you tell me how they did it? It's beautiful. It's from Londoncake.com. They have some beautiful cakes. Thanks
Kathy
http://londoncake.com/images/002556%201st%20Holy%20Communion%20Book%20Cake.jpg

7 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 6:48pm
post #2 of 8

That's done by overpiping with several different tips, in the Lambeth style. One of the CC members has a Lambeth tutorial on her website, maybe it would help http://www.sifbeth.dk/lambethtut.html

Stephianme Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 10:22pm
post #3 of 8

Thank you-took a look at the website-wow very nice.

drakegore Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 2:25am
post #4 of 8

what a great web site!

i am pretty sure i have seen on a forum here a link to a tutorial for that exact border. i am getting ready to catch a flight or i would search for it for you. i want to say it was linked on a "favorite borders" thread but it might have been under a "how do i get this border" thread. i am sorry i cannot be of more help than to say i would have seen in in the last 4 months.

diane

JGMB Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 2:50am
post #5 of 8

This may be what you're looking for:

Hope it helps!

Stephianme Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 1:21pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks the youtube video will help a lot! Now one more question how did they get the blue on top? Do you think it is painted? To me it doesn't look like they used another tip because the buttercream doesn't come up higher. know what I mean? thanks
Kathy

Stephianme Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 1:24pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks the youtube video will help a lot! Now one more question how did they get the blue on top? Do you think it is painted? To me it doesn't look like they used another tip because the buttercream doesn't come up higher. know what I mean? thanks
Kathy

minicuppie Posted 8 Jul 2009 , 1:34pm
post #8 of 8

Maybe a #1 or #2 round? Whatever was used, that decorator has amazing skill.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%