Question About My First Sheet Cake!!!

Decorating By ally38562 Updated 7 Jul 2009 , 7:53pm by ally38562

ally38562 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ally38562 Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 4:33pm
post #1 of 6

I made a half sheet choc cake. Its on the board and ready to decorate when I get a call....they want choc filling in it!!! This is my first sheet cake and I dont want to attempt torting it. I know it would be a disaster! What if I used a tip and squeezed some choc filling into it? A small squeeze every inch or so? I'm desperate! Any ideas?

5 replies
MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 6:13pm
post #2 of 6

Goodness, they called this close to delivery and wanted to change something? I would torte it, or tell them they are out of luck. Torting wouldn't be a disaster. Just cut and slide a cake board between the layers to lift off....unless you already have it base iced? Crumb coat wouldn't be too much of a mess.

Good luck with whatever you decide! icon_smile.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 7:29pm
post #3 of 6

And if you work with the cake when it's frozen or even partially frozen, it's much easier.

Niquie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niquie Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 7:46pm
post #4 of 6

I just torted a 1/2 sheet for the first time a couple of weeks ago, and I found some instructions some where that said to torte it and then cut it down the middle, then slide each of the pieces off with a cake board because it would be a lot easier than trying to move the entire thing at one time. I did it that way, and it worked perfectly. And as Indydebi stated, make sure it's cold or frozen so that it won't break. Maybe you should give it a shot. HTH. Good luck.

Ashley

ally38562 Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 7:51pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks for the advice! I told her it was too late to change it. She didn't seem to mind. I was FREAKIN out for a minute there! LOL

ally38562 Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 7:53pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks for the advice! I told her it was too late to change it. She didn't seem to mind. I was FREAKIN out for a minute there! LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%