Pistachio Cake Recipe

Baking By Snickerdoodler Updated 7 Jul 2009 , 7:58pm by Teekakes

Snickerdoodler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Snickerdoodler Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 3:09pm
post #1 of 5

Hello everyone! I need help finding a recipe for pistachio flavored cake with intense pistachio flavor. I've tried a few but the flavor really isnt noticable. Also need help finding pistachio emulsion, cream or paste in the San Antonio area or online. I would appreciate any input! Thanks

4 replies
Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 3:28pm
post #2 of 5

I use the WASC recipe, minus the almond flavoring, ADD 2 boxes Jello brand Pistachio instant pudding, ADD Pistachio flavoring to your liking. You can also finely chop fresh pistachios and stir into the batter if you want to.
You can half the WASC recipe if you do not need that much cake. If you do half the WASC recipe you will only need to add 1 box Jello Pistachio instant pudding mix. Add pistachio flavoring as desired.

Pistachio flavoring can be purchased here, http://www.spicesetc.com/product/396/Natural-Flavorings

OR

Lorann Oils at https://www.lorannoils.com/searchadv.aspx?IsSubmit=true&SearchTerm=Pistachio

Teekakes Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 3:53pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snickerdoodler

Hello everyone! I need help finding a recipe for pistachio flavored cake with intense pistachio flavor. I've tried a few but the flavor really isnt noticable. Also need help finding pistachio emulsion, cream or paste in the San Antonio area or online. I would appreciate any input! Thanks

Not sure how fast you need the Pistachio flavoring but I live in the Houston area and one of my local cake shops stocks the LorAnn Pistachio flavoring. Have you checked you local cake supply stores or other stores that would carry LorAnn flavorings?

Snickerdoodler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Snickerdoodler Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 5:40pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks Teekakes! I found a place in town that carried that brand of pistachio flavoring. icon_smile.gif I will give that recipe a shot. I really appreciate the help!!!

Teekakes Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 7:58pm
post #5 of 5

You are very welcome! Happy to hear you have a local supplier of the Pistachio flavoring!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%