Question Of Gumpaste Flower

Decorating By deetmar Updated 7 Jul 2009 , 4:31pm by weirkd

deetmar Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 3:07pm
post #1 of 4

I have seen on globalsugarart that you can purchase gumpaste flowers already made. My question is, the calla lilies are all white, if you wanted them another color could you spray them or color them somehow?

3 replies
brincess_b Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 4:20pm
post #2 of 4

some places sell the coloured ones. but you can airbrush them or dust them your self. only the airbrush will give them a dark colour, dusting would be more of a tint. you could paint them, but it might be hard to get the right finish.

Texas_Rose Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 4:30pm
post #3 of 4

You can paint them with gel color thinned with vodka.

Calla lilly is one of the easiest flowers to make, it might be fun to try to make your own icon_biggrin.gif

weirkd Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 4:31pm
post #4 of 4

Yes. You can use lemon extract or pure grain alcohol with dust colors added to them and paint them. The only thing I suggest if you do use an airbrush, is that you use your dust petal colors first because once you airbrush them, the color will come off if you try to dust them over it with petal dust. Not a whole lot, but enough to make it look funky!
You can also purchase premade flowers in the colors. Not sure if Alan does that, buy you can ask him. If not, you can order them from or calvajava online.

Quote by @%username% on %date%