Advice On First Tasting.

Business By AfordRN Updated 7 Jul 2009 , 1:52pm by wrightway777

AfordRN Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 1:31pm
post #1 of 2

I am just recently licensed and have my first "consult" and tasting. Can anyone give me some tips on the average number of different flavors you use. I make WASC and Choc version, strawberry and marble, but obviously don't want to bake up all those. I have WASC and choc 3" cakes froze and thought I'd do that with different fillings. Does that seem about right? icon_redface.gif

1 reply
wrightway777 Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 1:52pm
post #2 of 2

Personally, I send a document to the newlyweds of all the cake and filling flavors and tell them to choose 3 fillings and 3 cake choices. It adds such a nice personal touch. But if you dont want to bake up all those then just tell them what combinations will be served for sampling. Serve the samples on nice plates and silverware (chuck the plastic). Offer coffee.

I also offer for an additional price for a "sauce." The sauce (in a squeeze bottle for fast plating) during the reception gets drizzled/swiped on the side of the plate when the pieces are served. Guests love this! Ex. my orange cake with White Mandarin filling is nicely paired with a chocolate sauce on the side or a Vanilla cake with French Vanilla Buttercream gets a red berry sauce on the side.

Theres a ton of tips I can think of for your first tasting.

Quote by @%username% on %date%