Wasc - Sticky/gooey On Top, What Causes This??

Decorating By ranbel Updated 7 Jul 2009 , 4:39pm by Peridot

ranbel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ranbel Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 1:22pm
post #1 of 9

I LOVE THIS RECIPE, but why does it get sticky/gooey on top? I have this problem every time I bake this cake. It definately adds flavor and moisture to the cake. I have also, notice that this has more of the almond flavor to it that the actual cake.

Also, how does this recipe do for cupcakes? I have my first cupcake cake to do this week and tought about using this recipe?

8 replies
lilyanddayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilyanddayne Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 3:39pm
post #2 of 9

Works well for cuppies. The way I get rid of that gooey mess is by flipping them out of the pan onto wax paper. When you let them cool all the way and rip the paper off, the goo goes too!

SweetRocky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetRocky Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 3:48pm
post #3 of 9

Great to know how to remove this problem with WASC! I feel like I risk slippy slidey layers after I've iced a beautiful cake. Who wants that to happen!?!

elkinchahin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elkinchahin Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 3:56pm
post #4 of 9

thanks for that tip, that happens to me all the time. and its annoying when you are torting the cake cause all that goo get on your knife

elkinchahin Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 3:58pm
post #5 of 9

thanks for that tip, that happens to me all the time. and its annoying when you are torting the cake cause all that goo get on your knife

elkinchahin Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 3:59pm
post #6 of 9

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 4:35pm
post #7 of 9

I know exactly what you are talking about. Always, always the sticky stuff on top and when you torte it - what a mess!! I am beginning to think that the mess and the added expense of the cake is not worth it and am thining of going back to a simpler one.

Peridot Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 4:37pm
post #8 of 9

I know exactly what you are talking about. Always, always the sticky stuff on top and when you torte it - what a mess!! I am beginning to think that the mess and the added expense of the cake is not worth it and am thining of going back to a simpler one.

Peridot Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 4:39pm
post #9 of 9

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%