What To Thin Gel Colors With To Airbrush?

Decorating By debster Updated 7 Jul 2009 , 1:50am by icer101

debster Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 1:31am
post #1 of 6

I have to airbrush something and don't know what to thin the gel colors with? Thanks for any help!!

5 replies
juliebold Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 1:38am
post #2 of 6

I use vodka but you have to run it thru a coffee filter before you put in the air brush or it will clog your air brush.

juliebold Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 1:38am
post #3 of 6

I use vodka but you have to run the mixture thru a coffee filter before you put in the air brush or it will clog your air brush.

ddaigle Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 1:39am
post #4 of 6

My airbrush color is completely different than the paste/gel color used for buttercream and fondant. My airbrush color is as runny as water. Do you have "airbrush" color?

Jaimelt76 Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 1:39am
post #5 of 6

I have done it with vodka but it does not work very well. The gel color did not completely dissolve so it clumped in my airbruch. I hope someone else had better luck and can let you know. In desperate measures I have used mccormick food coloring in my airbrush( the liquid kind).

icer101 Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 1:50am
post #6 of 6

i never use gel colors diluted in my airbrush. i have always used airbrush colors.. some people do.. i don,t want to take the chance of ruining it.. i,ve had one for 12 yrs. it says to use airbrush colors and that is what i have always done. hth

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%