Faux Fondant Butter Cream Recipe Good For Icing Cookies??

Baking By princesscatt Updated 7 Jul 2009 , 4:00pm by sewsweet2

princesscatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princesscatt Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 9:44pm
post #1 of 3

Has anyone used the faux fondant buttercream recipe for icing cookies? if so does it harden like a royal icing would? I would like to try using buttercream instead of royal to ice some sugar cookies...any suggestions?

2 replies
sewsweet2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsweet2 Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 3:30pm
post #2 of 3

I use my crusting buttercream that I use for faux fondant on cookies. I even thin it down and brush it on with a paintbrush. You can check out some of my cookies in the "cookies and candy favors" album at: http://community.webshots.com/user/sewsweet2
As these do dry hard enough to stack you have to be careful. They are not as hard as royal icing but can put displayed overlapping on a plate for serving or presentation. When I had an order for 17 dozen snowflakes, I packed them in containers with a layer of waxed paper in between and was told they survived the trip to the reception hall with no fatalities. HTH

sewsweet2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsweet2 Posted 7 Jul 2009 , 4:00pm
post #3 of 3

I just checked and forgot that the snowflakes were done in a glaze. The cookies iced with buttercream include the leaves, Elmo's red fur, the whtie dress, pumplins, buffaloes, and white ball cookies. THT

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%