Aine2 Classes In Austin, Tx August 2009-Anyone Going?

Decorating By tanyascakes Updated 6 Jul 2009 , 10:36pm by mbt4955

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 8:13pm
post #1 of 13

Hi. I have been trying to see if anyone else is going down to these classes. I was only able to get into the 2 day bride and groom since my hubby is deployed. But just hoping to meet some of my CC friends down there. I so wish I could have done the DOS, ut it was hard enough to get away for the weeknd class. But oh am I excited!!!

Tanya

12 replies
mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 8:23pm
post #2 of 13

I'm doing the first weekend (DOS and Baby Bath Time), Farm Animals on Thursday and Bride and Groom the next weekend. I'm still thinking about the Victorian Lady and Hands & Face, but I think I've probably already spent enough $$. icon_smile.gif I'll be staying over the two Saturday nights, but driving back and forth (about 2 hours each way) for the Thursday class.

By the way, Tanya, I just looked at your cakes and they are great! I am NOT artistic and have never done any kind of figures, so I'm a little bit nervous. I'll see you there!!

sweetsadiecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsadiecakes Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 8:26pm
post #3 of 13

What are these classes? I'm an hour away from Austin. I'd like to check into it. Please give me some info!!!!

mbt4955 Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 8:27pm
post #4 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetsadiecakes

What are these classes? I'm an hour away from Austin. I'd like to check into it. Please give me some info!!!!

Here you go. The classes and Day of Sharing will be in Round Rock. http://dos.capitalconfectioners.com/index.php

tanyascakes Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 8:52pm
post #5 of 13

Thanks so much, Martha! I am by no means as artistic as you think I am-lol! I think everything I do is a total wreck!!! I do still have to buy my plane ticket down and for the hotel. I have some friends in Fort Hood who wanted me to stay with them, but that means renting a car, too. I really didn't want to do that. I did think of driving my own, but that is a 9 hour drive from here already! I wish I could go to the DOS, but I live too far away. It is funny that I never did this when I was there in Fort Hood from 2001-2004! But I couldn't miss out on an Aine2 class. No one ever comes to Kansas--whhhaaaaaa!!!! Oh, but I did forget that I am taking a Jennifer Dontz class in KC in September, so I do get one! Hope to see you there!!!

sweetsadiecakes Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 9:01pm
post #6 of 13

Thanks so much, mbt!!!! I'm so excited!!!!! I signed up for the Baby Bath Time. I would have liked to do the Bride & Groom and Farm Animals but I'm a teacher and that's when we have to go back to school icon_sad.gif I might still do the hands and face because its in the evening (gotta check with my "Sugar Daddy"- lol) I live in Temple so anyone who needs anything while your down, I'm an hour away.

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 9:03pm
post #7 of 13

I'm taking the Bride & Groom. icon_smile.gif

mbt4955 Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 9:09pm
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetsadiecakes

Thanks so much, mbt!!!! I'm so excited!!!!! I signed up for the Baby Bath Time. I would have liked to do the Bride & Groom and Farm Animals but I'm a teacher and that's when we have to go back to school icon_sad.gif I might still do the hands and face because its in the evening (gotta check with my "Sugar Daddy"- lol) I live in Temple so anyone who needs anything while your down, I'm an hour away.

sweetsadiecakes, the Bride & Groom class has been full for awhile, so you don't need to wish for that one. icon_smile.gif Since you are so close to Austin, you ought to check out the classes that they have at All in One Bake Shop. They're doing a Baby Shower theme this coming Sunday. Here is the link ... http://www.allinonebakeshop.com/classes.asp

I wish I had found you sooner. My niece lives in Temple and she just finished up with the Wilton classes. I would love for the two of you to get together, but she and her family are moving to Moscow (yep, Russia) in August. icon_sad.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 9:36pm
post #9 of 13
tanyascakes Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 9:45pm
post #10 of 13

Thanks JanH for fixing it for me. I made a big blunder when trying to save it, it repeated 4 times. Then when I tried to fix it, I deleted instead! You are a total lifesaver!!!!

mbt4955 Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 9:58pm
post #11 of 13

Tanya, I don't think it was you. My posts just sit there and sit there, then post 3-4 times. Someone made the suggestion to count by thousands to 10 (1001, 1002), then hit the escape key. That is what I do and it only posts once, but then I have to get back into the forums because it is still sitting on the reply page. A couple of times I forgot and didn't hit escape - duplicate posts! I almost hate to post a reply ... icon_smile.gif

sweetsadiecakes Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 10:29pm
post #12 of 13

Martha,
Thanks again. I'm going to join Capital Confectioners. I'm reaching a point that my desire/design out ways my skill and I know they will have tons of tips and techniques. Too bad your neice is moving. I would really like to get to know other crazy cake people around here! Lucky her, to get to expereince Russia!
April

mbt4955 Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 10:36pm
post #13 of 13

I think you will really enjoy it April. I know that the president of the club (Kyla) is a regular on CC. I wish I were a little closer and I would definitely be there. They have a big cake show in the spring and I got to take a couple of classes from Nicholas Lodge this year. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%