Need Recipes Please!!

Decorating By cake1119 Updated 6 Jul 2009 , 7:19pm by CookieO

cake1119 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake1119 Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 6:59pm
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone. I have been doing cakes for a little while now and I'm O.K. with how things have been going, but I want to step it up. I usually use doctored box mixes, but I want something great, fillings too!! I still would like to use doctored mixes, I just need great flavor combos! My niece graduated this year and we are having her party before she leaves for college next month. She has worked so hard and done such a wonderful job that I want to make her a wonderful cake. I plan on doing three layers, 10, 8, & 6. I will take any idea I can get. Yummy ones though!! Thanks in advance!! icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 7:04pm
post #2 of 6

I love a lemon cake with raspberry filling and lemon frosting. If it sounds good to you, I'll find the recipe. We are packing right now - so the house is a bit of a wreck (to say the least)!

missyd4e Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyd4e Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 7:14pm
post #3 of 6

There is a forum on Gourmet Flavors, which I have been searching for all morning, that has wonderful ideas with the recipees. Once I find it I will post it. Good Luck!

in2cakes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
in2cakes2 Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 7:18pm
post #4 of 6

I've come up w/ a carmel pecan w/ carmel BC if you want it pm me.

drakegore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drakegore Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 7:18pm
post #5 of 6

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df4f9hbq_46cs9f28fs

here is a great link from the "gourmet recipes" thread.
there are two tabs, one for flavor combos that the wonderful macsmom uses and the other is flavor variations on the WASC (you can find this in the recipes section) as well as filling recipes.

diane

CookieO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieO Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 7:19pm
post #6 of 6

Look in the Cake Ideas forum. I believe the Gourmet flavors topic is in there. HTH.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%