Fondant Gone Wrong!!! Help Pls!!!

Decorating By babykonst Updated 6 Jul 2009 , 6:46pm by dadawley

babykonst Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babykonst Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 6:11pm
post #1 of 5

hi everyone, over the weekend i decided to make my own mmf, i used t's recippie to a T (no pun intended) however, it was just way too soft, i let it sit for over 1 hour, i spread crisco and started to roll it out with my rolling pin, it would open nicely, but then it would just break, what have i done wrong??? also, i have saved it wrapped in plastic, is there anywhay i can salvage it???? thanks in advance!!!!

4 replies
dadawley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dadawley Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 6:24pm
post #2 of 5

Hi, whenever I make MMF (just made some yesterday) I always let it rest covered in plastic wrap in a ziplock over night and it seems to work out just fine. Maybe you just need to let it sit longer before using it, have you tried rolling it again, maybe enough time has passed?

babykonst Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babykonst Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 6:37pm
post #3 of 5

i havent touched it since yesterday, but it just seems too greasy, i think cause i re roled it soo many times, should i knead more powdered sugar till it dries up??

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 6:43pm
post #4 of 5

You can try kneading in a small amount of additional powdered sugar, or you can divide it into about four equal portions. Roll each of them out on a fine dusting of cornstarch then roll it back into a ball. After you have done this with however many portions you divided, knead them all back together into one big ball.... that should have dried it up for you into manageable again.

dadawley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dadawley Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 6:46pm
post #5 of 5

That is what I would do, seems to work! Good Luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%