Wilton Class Three ? - 1St Class Today - Please Help!

Decorating By bonniebakes Updated 6 Jul 2009 , 6:09pm by bonniebakes

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 4:53pm
post #1 of 9

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what I need to bring to the first class of Wilton's class 3 (Fondant and Tiered Cakes)? please???

I can't get a hold of the instructor and the class starts tonight!

Thanks in advance!!

Bonnie

8 replies
qubanqtee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qubanqtee Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 5:02pm
post #2 of 9

usually the course book - Wilton Course 3 - will tell you what you need - as least the essentials. Have you purchased that book yet?

Country_girrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Country_girrl Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 5:06pm
post #3 of 9

Thin consistency icing
Med. consistency icing
Stiff consistency
Piping gel

Tips: #1, #2, #3,#18, #127, #5, #16, #104

Your kit which includes Gum tex
HTH

snshin1993 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snshin1993 Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 5:07pm
post #4 of 9

you will be doing some string work, cornelli lace, sotas, bead border and brush embroidry. I think you will need medium consistancy butter cream, piping gel and your practice bored plus your course kit. Also tip 1,2,3,5 and 18. I hope this helps.

snshin1993 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snshin1993 Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 5:08pm
post #5 of 9

you will be doing some string work, cornelli lace, sotas, bead border and brush embroidry. I think you will need medium consistancy butter cream, piping gel and your practice bored plus your course kit. Also tip 1,2,3,5 and 18. I hope this helps.

bonniebakes Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 5:20pm
post #6 of 9

thank you - I don't have the course book yet, I'll be getting in tonight.

Two more questions- can I bring any butter cream icing, or does it need to be the Wilton recipe? And if I already have all the tips, a practice board, and piping gel, do I still need to purchase the kit?

thanks again!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 5:26pm
post #7 of 9

As a WMI I would say to bring the wilton recipe.

You will need about 1/2 cup stiff, 1/2 cup thin, 1/2 cup medium with 1/2 teaspoon piping gel and 1 1/2 cup medium.

I'd list the tips but since I am doing this from memory I'll forget one so I'll just say the tips from the kit and past kits. You will need 5 bags as well as your practice board and stand.

You will also need the gum tex and flower cutters from the kit. Package of fondant, small rolling pin, little bit of crisco and toothpicks.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 5:31pm
post #8 of 9

The course kit comes with the tips needed for the class, the lily nails, cake dividing wheel, pink rose cutters, thick and thin foam, ball and veining tool, small packet of gum tex and the cake plate and pillars for the lesson 4 cake.

Unless you have all of those, I'd suggest getting the kit, with a coupon. icon_smile.gif

bonniebakes Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 6:09pm
post #9 of 9

thank you!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%