Urgent Help Pls!

Decorating By ikklejo Updated 6 Jul 2009 , 4:45pm by ikklejo

ikklejo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ikklejo Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 3:57pm
post #1 of 7

Ive just finished making a handbag cake from fondant and it looks good apart from i cant get all the icing sugar off the fondant which i ued to roll it out? I want the colour to look really bold and it dosent! Is there anything i can brush on like water or something??

Thanks icon_smile.gif

6 replies
cathie_shinnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathie_shinnick Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 4:07pm
post #2 of 7

Dont use water! If you have some, brush it with lemon extract or vodka( the alcohol will evaporate) that should do it.

ikklejo Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 4:14pm
post #3 of 7

ok brill thank you very much!

icon_smile.gif

pinkflower1212 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkflower1212 Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 4:15pm
post #4 of 7

In the video I watched over the weekend from Sugarshack - she shows a tip for removing the cornstarch. Take a little bit of shortening and a papertowel and cover the spots with it - then with a clean papertowel you go back up and rub the excess off. After a few hours the shine of the shortening will disappear and you will have a nice satin sheen to your cake.

She did it on the video and it worked on there. Hope this helps!

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 4:19pm
post #5 of 7

If you have a clothes steamer get it going and use it to lightly steam the surface of your fondant... it will make everything look fantastic. Make sure to hold the steamer far enough away that you are getting a mist and not close enough to allow it drip.

ikklejo Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 4:27pm
post #6 of 7

I have just read somewhere that if u use the steam setting on the iron or a hair dryer on a low heat?? Are these true too??

ikklejo Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 4:45pm
post #7 of 7

wow thanks everyone ive just used the steamer and it looks fab - thankyou!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%